Saskatchewan Studebakers out in the Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saskatchewan Studebakers out in the Sun

Yesterday we had our chapter meeting at a car show at Pike Lake, just outside of Saskatoon. 8 Studes on display, lots of positive comments. Special thanks to Steven and Michelle, they provided us with an EXCELLENT lunch of BBQ beef and potatoes and salads. We had a great day!

Kruszelnicki's GT Hawk

Evan Severson's well-travelled 57 Hawk

Clarence Hunko's 57 Hawk

George Sacher's LOADED 52 Land Cruiser

Grady's Mopar Powered Lark

Pat Grave's Avanti

Steven's Low-mileage 62

My 61 Lark
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Nice to see the cars all together. Looks like you represented us well! Do you have any more pictures of the VW next to Pat's Avanti?
    Carey
    Packard Hawk

Comment

Nice display, Evan, especially with the poster and membership solicitation items. Cool beans. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

OMG - that red Silver Hawk is fantastic!
        Be still my beating heart!~
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I saw one of those cars here in B.C. the weekend before. 1071 miles driven to get here.
          Got to Love those in the Sudebaker DRIVERS Club, who really drive their cars.
          Good Roads
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

That black Lark hardtop sure would look good sitting in front of my house. Thanks for sharing the photos. Always fun to see the Canadian cars. Junior.
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Brian- yes, Evan S was out your way last week with his 57 Silver Hawk. That man puts serious miles on that car!
              Junior- I know Grady would part with his Lark for the right price. It is very nicely done, running a 360, automatic, and a Ford 9 inch. It was all done with no modification to the car itself- all bolt in- so he could readily convert it back to a Stude 8 if he felt the desire in the future. He wants to do up a Starlight coupe IF he finds a nice candidate...
              My 62 is sadly going up for sale... I also have another 62 coupe (V8 auto) that I NEED to do.

Comment

I can see that the 1963 Hawk is modified, but is reversing the grille badge a Canadian thing?
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Nice to see some names I recognize from almost 25 years ago when we lived in S'toon. I was recently dusting off a complete set of 51 front end trim (grille, headlight rims, bullet-nose and fender spears that a club member passed on to me way back then. Great folks back on the prairies!

What ever became of Gene Searcy?

Cheers,

Jim
                  \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                  Jim Mann
                  Victoria, B.C.
                  Canada

Comment

Evan--

I can't believe that blue '62. Not only is it a twin to mine--except evidently wearing the proper original blue--but from the banners and brochures, it looks like not only is the owner named "Steven", but he may well be the chapter's membership guy too.

Parallel universes in different provinces...?

Anyway, nice pix of a really fine Stude lineup.

S.

Comment

Actually, Steve, it is an incorrect repaint. It likely has faded to close to correct LOL it took a LOT of polishing to get the oxidization off. This is the car I bought from Evan that you sent him fender lettering for. I had the membership info from the last show I had the car in so was only natural to have it out!

Jim- Gene is still in hospital, has been over a year from what I understand. Evan D is trying to coordinate a day to get his vehicles started & run as they have mostly been sitting.

Comment

I purchased a 1949 Studebaker Champion 4 door Sedan this summer and managed to get it on the road in time to take it the the last show of the season in Radville this fall. At the show I was given the name and number of Brian Redenburg in Weyburn and I find out he is your Leader.. Seems I will soon be forking over the membership fee and becoming one of the group.

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinNewhart View Post
                          I purchased a 1949 Studebaker Champion 4 door Sedan this summer and managed to get it on the road in time to take it the the last show of the season in Radville this fall.
                          We would like to see some photos of your '49.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinNewhart View Post
                            I purchased a 1949 Studebaker Champion 4 door Sedan this summer and managed to get it on the road in time to take it the the last show of the season in Radville this fall. At the show I was given the name and number of Brian Redenburg in Weyburn and I find out he is your Leader.. Seems I will soon be forking over the membership fee and becoming one of the group.
                            Welcome to the SDC Forum!
                            My father-in-law's first car was a new 1949 Champion four door.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Nice to see someone else who has a MoParized Studebaker! Wonder if there's any pictures of the engine bay..? (even if this was 10 years ago)

Comment

Working...
                              X