Sad, tired, desecrated but CHEAP Avanti II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad, tired, desecrated but CHEAP Avanti II

In the sellers own words "Appears to be a real piece of crap to me, but I am sure it is good for parts or resto." Broken glass, ruined interior, junta virus under the hood, peeling paint, mismatched rims but a world of good parts for $499.00 with no reserve.

Interesting...
    My grandma has a '81 Avanti, that had wire wheels and luggage rack when she bought it. It has the exact same interior as well! (Though a lot nicer!!) One reason she chose the car over other Avantis because it was a dark green color. A bit darker than the eBay car though.
    After driving it a few years, she wanted the color changed to red. <g>

Comment

Interesting...
      My grandma has a '81 Avanti, that had wire wheels and luggage rack when she bought it. It has the exact same interior as well! (Though a lot nicer!!) One reason she chose the car over other Avantis because it was a dark green color. A bit darker than the eBay car though.
      After driving it a few years, she wanted the color changed to red. <g>

Comment

If someone was looking to do a total body off restoration this is a great start.I have done many body offs and I am here to tell you, this is way to go. To many people make the mistake of buying(spending) to nice(cosmeticly,sp)of starter car and replacing all of the nice parts with new anyway. Now let me close by saying I know nothing about the value of these models so I speak only from a non profit/non investment side. Good luck to who ever gets it.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
        Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

If someone was looking to do a total body off restoration this is a great start.I have done many body offs and I am here to tell you, this is way to go. To many people make the mistake of buying(spending) to nice(cosmeticly,sp)of starter car and replacing all of the nice parts with new anyway. Now let me close by saying I know nothing about the value of these models so I speak only from a non profit/non investment side. Good luck to who ever gets it.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
          Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Wow. Thats tempting the heck out of me, but I bet JDP already bought
            it and has it on a trailer. Thats a heck of a deal. Order a new back
            glass and passenger door glass, but the rest looks very workable. I
            just dont have the space to put it. Damn.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
            http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Wow. Thats tempting the heck out of me, but I bet JDP already bought
              it and has it on a trailer. Thats a heck of a deal. Order a new back
              glass and passenger door glass, but the rest looks very workable. I
              just dont have the space to put it. Damn.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
              '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
              Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
              http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
              I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Nice Avanti ll's have been sold on ebay for under 10K, I usually have "stars in my eyes" for cars like these but this would be a labor of love not brains.

ErnieR

Comment

Nice Avanti ll's have been sold on ebay for under 10K, I usually have "stars in my eyes" for cars like these but this would be a labor of love not brains.

ErnieR

Comment

I'm not bidding, it's all yours.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
                    63 Avanti R1
                    63 Daytona convert
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    62 Lark 2 door
                    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                    59 3E truck
                    58 Starlight
                    52 & 53 Starliner
                    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm not bidding, it's all yours.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
                      63 Avanti R1
                      63 Daytona convert
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      62 Lark 2 door
                      60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                      59 3E truck
                      58 Starlight
                      52 & 53 Starliner
                      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Where is the best place to order or purchase back glass for an Avanti? RD Maxon

Comment

Where is the best place to order or purchase back glass for an Avanti? RD Maxon

Comment

SASCO has the glass.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
                            63 Avanti R1
                            63 Daytona convert
                            63 Lark 2 door
                            62 Lark 2 door
                            60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                            59 3E truck
                            58 Starlight
                            52 & 53 Starliner