63 avanti frame off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 63 avanti frame off

Is the roll bar on a 63 Avanti an integral part of the body or is it bolted to the frame. I can see several body bolts from under the car but can not see any indication that the roll bar is secured directly to the frame. Upholstery has been removed and can see what looks like the bottom of the roll bar but no sign of bolts. Hog throughs are good but frame needs to be blasted, and rear cross member replaced. Pics would be helpful. Have taken 7 studebakers off frame but this is my first Avanti. Ken, Deltaville, Va

Yes down the center of the roll bar at the frame is a bolt. one on each side. Long extension and a wiggle socket 9/16 if I remember correctly. Best spray threads from the bottom side before trying to remove.

Comment

Originally posted by ken-renda View Post
      Is the roll bar on a 63 Avanti an integral part of the body or is it bolted to the frame. I can see several body bolts from under the car but can not see any indication that the roll bar is secured directly to the frame. Upholstery has been removed and can see what looks like the bottom of the roll bar but no sign of bolts. Hog throughs are good but frame needs to be blasted, and rear cross member replaced. Pics would be helpful. Have taken 7 studebakers off frame but this is my first Avanti. Ken, Deltaville, Va
      The roll bar is bolted to the hog troughs. There are 15 body bolts that need to be removed to separate the body from the frame.

Forgot to mention the 2 bolts that hold the radiator core support to the frame.
      Last edited by Bob Langer; 06-06-2011, 03:19 PM.
      Bob Langer
      Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Working...
      X