What is the diff. on outside sun visor 2 door Vs 4 door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the diff. on outside sun visor 2 door Vs 4 door

Okay, I just purchase a 2 door Studebaker 1950 Champion. Inside of car, I have a Sun Visor that fits the outside front of car. What is the diff. between 4 dr. vs. 2 door sun visor. The sun visor is setting inside of car. Do you have pictures of the diff.

This is a OUTSIDE roof mounted Visor, Right?

And as far as I know, all '47-'52 Studebakers, Champions, Commanders, 2 Dr. 4 Dr. have the same Windshield and W/S frame, Roof and forward body except '52 Hardtops and all Convertibles, so there should be no difference, who said there is?
    Last edited by StudeRich; 06-06-2011, 11:23 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I suspect that there were different vendors for the visors, although I see no reason for them to be for different models. There were some differences, some models had a split windshield, some a one piece, if I remember correctly. The center bracing might be different, but again, I would suspect each vendor would have brackets for each style.

Comment

I believe that the difference would be for one piece windshield versus two piece windshield, not two door versus four door.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary, That is what I should of stated. What is the diff on one piece vs 2 piece glass for the sunvisor.

Comment

Originally posted by royvaldez View Post
            Gary, That is what I should of stated. What is the diff on one piece vs 2 piece glass for the sunvisor.
            Shape and center support.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

With a split windshield the visor center support would normally be clamped directly to the windshield divider strip. Many of these visors were two pieces and a firm center support is crucial to their stability.
              To mount the visor to a car with a one-piece windshield there was usually a rod that attached to the roof and cowl, to which the center support could be attached. Some cars with two-piece windshields have also used this extra rod, depending on the manufacturer.
              Studebaker also had a roof bracket to mount their one-piece visor to a car with one-piece windshield.

Yours should either clamp directly to the divider strip or to a center support rod.
              I don't have a picture of that but someone here should.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0497.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1668256Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0496.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1668257

don't know if this helps, but here's the one for my '40 (split windshield)...
                Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

This recent thread may help. Or not. Yes, probably the main difference is the center support. Clamps to the center w/s bar on a two-piece w/s. A one-piece w/s needs a different support system, as shown in this thread:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ndshield-visor.

Needs either a support rod to the cowl or a bracket on the roof.
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                  X