convention band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convention band

The International Meet in Springfield is still in need of musicians for the Studebaker Band. Glenn Shull is once again stepping forward to keep the traditionn alive. He needs trumpet players. If you or family members can unpack the horn and help, let Glenn know or answer the thread here and he'll get it.

It is a lot of fun and the crowd loves it. It is a unique event for car conventions.

I'll be there with my trombone.

Hey! Somebody out there ought to be able to pick up the old horn and bring it to Springfield.

We all love it and we're the only group that does it. Answer up with those that are playing and what you're bringin'

Comment

Time to get with the 20th Century and have a pop band that can read any music - jazz, country, standards, rock, etc. A 5 piece combo would be fine, backing other soloists with brass or woodwinds, or even singers. Drums, bass, keys, and guitar players are a lot more common these days, ya know? Let's leave Sousa out of it.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Volunteer members of the band are Studebaker drivers who have no problem reading music. I'm all for mixing it up a bit. Problem is...someone has to spend money for the sheets.
        I think Glenn has done this out of his pocket. I suspect he would be willing to consider tablature anyone would be willing to donate.
        Last edited by rockne10; 06-05-2011, 05:59 PM.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

IMHO, the fare that the volunteer Studebaker Band plays is just GREAT, Sousa and all! For those of you that were at Phoenix last year and attended the Patriotic Concert, you were treated to an hour and a quarter of pure orchastration greatness. It was the VERY BEST Studebaker Band presentation EVER at a National Meet. I will never forget that presentation by Larry Swanson, the Band menbers and the local volunteers Larry needed to pull it all together. THANK YOU to all that participated. stupak

Comment

Working...
          X