Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So close to being reliable it isn't funny.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So close to being reliable it isn't funny.

My Stude was flatbedded to the alignment shop today and from there I drove it home. I still have a few problems:
    1. I am still getting incorrect readings from the water temp gauge, but she runs good. I think the gas tube for the temp gauge is getting heated by something other than water.
    2. The transmission will not shift into 3rd, wasn't shifting into 2nd but then I adjusted the 2nd gear band. This is the first time I drove fast enough to see if it would shift into 3rd.
    3. The brake pedal is soft.
    4. I need a real hood latch. I have the factory one, but it will not click shut, and by NO means will I use a Studebaker hood latch.
    5. I need paint!
    http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._2721166_n.jpg
    Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
    Lizella, GA

It's looking good dude!
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Indeed a good looking machine. I like the look of those "NASCAR" type wheels as well as the headlight treatment.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

What are the black rims in the photo and the tire size?

34 Studebaker Street Rod (completed)
        55 Speedster (in work)
        63 Lark R2 (completed, 63K miles)
        64 Daytona CNV (completed, 63K miles)
        64 Avanti R2 (completed)
        85 Avanti(blackout trim, 10K miles)
        89 Avanti CNV (19K miles)

Comment

Simply Amazing!! 16 years old and driving a Stude! I grew up in a Stude driving family in the 50's & 60's. I had the parent's hand-me-down '61 Hawk until I was about to graduate high school in the spring of '66 and bought a '64 Avanti R1. It's truly amazing a 16 year old knows what a '54 Stude is, let alone owning one. Best of luck with it and keep the greasy side down, driving on the road. I'm sure all of us "oldsters" remember some of the truly stupid things we did while driving in our teen years. By having a Stude, you truly have wisdom beyond your years, hopefully you won't do the stupid stunts driving that some of us did when we were your age.
          sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Looks lean 'n mean!!!

sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

I like the tire and wheel combo too.
              Reminded me of this picture; which is just a concept car but still cool. http://www.seriouswheels.com/1950-19...-1600x1200.htm

So what are your plans for paint? Looks like the roof is already painted red?
              TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

Originally posted by TDITS View Post
                I like the tire and wheel combo too.
                Reminded me of this picture; which is just a concept car but still cool. http://www.seriouswheels.com/1950-19...-1600x1200.htm
                Whoa..... Now THAT's a great photograph!!!!
                Jon Stalnaker
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Alex, do you realize how many people have dreamed of owning that type of car? Well done!

Comment

Working...
                  X