Stude sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude sighting

Spotted this at my favorite alignment shop here in San Antonio. Owner wasn't around, so I didn't get any info.
    35 Coupe with a straight 8. First I've seen. Lots of cool stuff. That flathead 8 was impressive. Looks like the water pump is driven off the back of the generator, kinda cool. Had a small (7 inch?) booster behind the master cylinder, was that aftermarket or orig? Suspension was unique to me, traverse leaf springs with upper and lower control arms and regular tube shocks. Undercarriage was clean as new, no signs of rust anywhere. Checked it out with the mechanic, front end was tight with just a bit of play in the steering box. Did notice radial tires on the original wheels. This is a sweet ride.
    Just had my phone, hope the pics turn out.
    Attached Files

That's a very beautiful car. While looking at the dash it occured to me that cars of that era has so much classy beauty. Nothing comes close anymore.

Comment

Another cool detail. Dash had two doors that looked like glove boxes. The one on the left accessed the fuse panel.

Afterthought: sure hope the owner doesn't mind me splashing his car on the internet. Didn't think it through, just wanted to share my excitement.

Comment

Very beautiful car! coupe, skirts and a possible rumble seat! WOW

Mark

Comment

The stuff that dreams are made of..

Radials, alternator, etc.. Means it's a driver. VERY cool.

Comment

Working...
          X