• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Odometers Are Trying To Tell Me Something

2003 Honda Pilot-185K
    1999 Ford Deisel 1-ton Pickup-131K
    2005 Thunderbird-44K
    1953 Studebaker Starlight Custom-19K (with original 232 V-8)

In my defense, the Stude just came out of a two year restoration and I did put 40 miles on it yesterday.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

uh-oh, this thread has the potential to be a LONG one!

10 Toyotas over a 44 year span, 8 of them over 175K miles. One totalled by a semi-trailer while fairly new, and the one I have now with only 44K.
    1 Saturn with 134K before being totalled.
    1 Studebaker Champion with 114K and still going.

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
      2003 Honda Pilot-185K
      1999 Ford Deisel 1-ton Pickup-131K
      2005 Thunderbird-44K
      1953 Studebaker Starlight Custom-19K (with original 232 V-8)

In my defense, the Stude just came out of a two year restoration and I did put 40 miles on it yesterday.
      Perhaps I am missing your point. What are they trying to tell you (thread/topic title: "My Odometers Are Trying To Tell Me Something [sic])?
      Last edited by studegary; 06-01-2011, 10:19 AM. Reason: added topic
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        Perhaps I am missing your point. What are they trying to tell you (thread/topic title: "My Odometers Are Trying To Tell Me Something [sic])?
        That I need to drive my Stude more and the others less.
        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
        jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

If it takes almost 60 years to drive 19 000 miles it is probably driving a lot slower than the 8 year old that already did 185 000 miles.

(Speed is distance over time is what an old grey man tried to teach me a while ago)
          The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Comment

Yeah it's telling me something. Two of those cars are the day to day commuter cars, one is the rare day commuter car, and the other is the only-out-on-Sunday vehicle.
            Around here, those vehicles are still lightweights. We aren't shy about putting over 250k miles on our Fords with 60 mile round trip commutes day after day.
            1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

My 94 Eagle: 52,000 miles

54 Stude Coupe Hot Rod with speedo installed 3 weeks ago: 16 miles and should actually be a lot lower because I have smaller diameter tires.
              Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
              Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
              Lizella, GA

Comment

231K on my F150, still looks and runs like a new one. Going to put 400+ more miles on it this weekend.

Comment

98 Dodge Ram-180, 85 Dodge power Ram-280, 95 Chevy Diesel Dually-310. But I must admit the Dually's engine has been replaced, but these trucks have been worked hard all thier lives in the masonry trade.

My 57 Silver hawk has not moved off 49,000 in the past 32 years. For many years the soeedometer worked but the odometer did not. recently the speedo quit on me. I had robbed one out of a parts car but before I got it installed, It went to California. I know if the tach reads 1900 in 3rd od I am running 60. So I guess at it accordingly. NT
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

Neil you almost sound like me. My Champ hasn't had a working speedometer/odometer for quite some time now. I know where 60 miles per hour is on the tack and for any other speed or mileage I use my trusty GPS.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                    X