61 Hawk Clutch Bushing Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 Hawk Clutch Bushing Needed

I am taking apart my spare bellhousing for a 61 4-speed Hawk, Chevy pattern. The brass bushing on the right side of the cross shaft in the housing is toast. Is this available anywhere? I haven't seen it is any Stude vendors catalogs. Even dims on a pristine one would help.

Jon Kammer

I dont have the dimensions off hand, but I replaced them in the past by just taking in the dimensions of the shaft for the I.D., and the hole, for the O.D.
    Ace hardware here has an assortment of bronze bushings....perhaps a NAPA might stock such an item (or be able to order it for you). The dimensions should be listed in the parts manual.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

What Bez sez.

Is there enough of the old one that you can carefully remove the remains in one piece? If so, take it to a bearing shop if the hardware store can't duplicate it.

You might have to get creative and cut one to length if you can't find exactly the right length even though the ID and OD are good. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I can make one if I have to or go the hardware store, McMaster Carr route and still modify but I would rather just buy one. Is this unique to this bell housing? It would seem odd for it to be different from simmilar models. Can anyone help with a part #?

JK

Comment

Part #527421. Fairly common Studebaker part; not unique to that "Chevy pattern" bellhousing. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Part #527421. Fairly common Studebaker part; not unique to that "Chevy pattern" bellhousing. BP
            WOW! is that a WRONG application or what? I don't mean Bob's, I mean S.I.'s!

Pg. 201 says: "527421 Bushing, Bronze: '40-'42 Comm. & '41-'42 Pres."

It probably should ALSO say: '46-'64 -ALL!
            Last edited by StudeRich; 05-31-2011, 07:51 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              WOW! is that a WRONG application or what?<<<>>>
              It probably should ALSO say: '46-'64 -ALL !
              "It probably should ALSO say: '46-'64 -ALL !" (EXCEPT 56J)

Comment

Thanx guys, I'll do the parts search and see what i turn up.

JK

Comment

Working...
                X