Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memorial Day Greetings from chilly Montana!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day Greetings from chilly Montana!

Not really a great day to drive your Studebaker, temperature 42 F at 1:21 pm, elevation 5130 feet, raining, snow at higher elevations. See photo. Anyway, no problems with vapor lock or carburetor boiling. I guess this is Studebaker-related!

Jack in Montana
    sigpic
    Jack, in Montana

Same here in River City except its complicated by high water and a predicted 15 inches of snow in the mountains.

Comment

I brag about the heat in South Texas, but You guys live in the north don't understand our love for the heat. (Women wear less)

Comment

Car looks nice...and ready to drive! Our Victoria Day week-end was cloudy but very little rain. Toured around town and sat on the porch. Took her for a longer run and locked up the front brakes. New hoses from eBay probably the suspect. Some plant in a South American jungle, probably. Gonna get some good Canadian or US built replacements. Thanks for posting.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Greetings back to ya! Here in upstate South Carolina, I have cut about two acres of grass in 90 degree heat.

I came back into the house and finished off about 1/4 of a watermelon to cool off. Now I am getting ready to go out to the man cave and get the Land Cruiser out and wash off the barn dust.

Planning to drive it over to my Daughter's church for a cookout this evening.

As for you in chilly Montana...put another log on the fire and kick back. You'll be warm before you know it.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by railway View Post
            I brag about the heat in South Texas, but You guys live in the north don't understand our love for the heat. (Women wear less)
            You got that right, Railway!! 103 degrees today, 104 yesterday (a new day record). Unfortunately, no rain since October. It's illegal to cook outdoors, what a weekend!!

Comment

Dang, you southern guys really know how to rub it in. We haven't had a warm day since last September and then it was only 80 degrees.

Comment

This is not a great time of the year in Montana. The local ski area is closed, although there is plenty of snow up on the hill. I think I will buy a watermelon an start a fire in the fireplace. Nothing like eating watermelon in front of a roaring fire after a strenuous day of not sking!
                Attached Files
                sigpic
                Jack, in Montana

Comment

"I brag about the heat in South Texas, but You guys live in the north don't understand our love for the heat. (Women wear less)"

Now I know why I love Phoenix, Arizona.
                  sigpic

Mike Barany

Comment

Jack,I just love the way she sits to the road and really like the looks of those wheels + tires !!!
                    Originally posted by jnfweber View Post
                    Not really a great day to drive your Studebaker, temperature 42 F at 1:21 pm, elevation 5130 feet, raining, snow at higher elevations. See photo. Anyway, no problems with vapor lock or carburetor boiling. I guess this is Studebaker-related!

Jack in Montana
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
                    X