Open note to JDP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open note to JDP

Sid (a 1964 R2 Gt Hawk)has won first place, best of show or sponsors choice in every show I have placed it in since purchasing this car from you, a testament to you're attention in finishing this incredible car.Last award today 05/29/11 beating out 200plus cars to win sponsers choice.

Jack

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by jedmu0940 View Post
      Sid (a 1964 R2 Gt Hawk)has won first place, best of show or sponsors choice in every show I have placed it in since purchasing this car from you, a testament to you're attention in finishing this incredible car.Last award today 05/29/11 beating out 200plus cars to win sponsers choice.

Jack

You made my day. I miss Sid, but you gave her a great home, and I would have ended up dropping a paint can on her or something awful in my garage. Besides, I still have the baby pictures :

JDP Maryland

Comment

So much for green being an unlucky colour...

Comment

I remember seeing that car at Lancaster. Afterwards, I wondered why it had lost a point--I seem to recall that it only got 399 out of 400. Perhaps it was the green Maybe because it had been actually driven there to the SDC International.

Comment

Accolades just a tiny bit to Raymond Lowey Studios, Robert Bourke and the Studebaker Corporation.
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

No testament or memorialization due here?

Accolades also to the late great Raymond Lowey, Robert Bourke and none the less Studebaker Corporation. Spectators are sometimes awestruck or mezmerized upon first glance at the milestone GT Hawk. Is it any wonder after being subjected to the continual hype and force feeding of the merits of the famous, flamboyant, freaking, boring, needs resto modification to drive on todays highways, mighty mighty tri 5 chebbies? I have attended many multi make car shows where the competition to me was in some cases more spiffier than my 63 GT. However I recevied 4 first choice, place, mayors pick, or whatever have you trophys in it's first season out probably for the cars styling as compared to many makes in its category or era Don't get me wrong but my car is no trailer queen but certainaly not a rag. QUOTE=jedmu0940;551623]Sid (a 1964 R2 Gt Hawk)has won first place, best of show or sponsors choice in every show I have placed it in since purchasing this car from you, a testament to you're attention in finishing this incredible car.Last award today 05/29/11 beating out 200plus cars to win sponsers choice.

Jack[/QUOTE]
              Last edited by jimmijim8; 05-30-2011, 03:14 PM.
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

No testament or memorialization due here?

My computer is freaking up

Jack[/QUOTE]
                Last edited by jimmijim8; 05-30-2011, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B PEI View Post
                  I remember seeing that car at Lancaster. Afterwards, I wondered why it had lost a point--I seem to recall that it only got 399 out of 400. Perhaps it was the green Maybe because it had been actually driven there to the SDC International.
                  It is an excellent car and I like the color.
                  I would have purchased it from John, except that I would have driven it and that would have reduced its value greatly.
                  IIRC, the car does have a few authenticity issues that were not picked up by the judges. I do not remember what it lost the point for.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That car is stunning. That color, year, and model is my favorite Studebaker of all..bar none.

The only way I'd like it better is if it had the black vinyl SportsRoof option and wire wheel covers...like the '64 Stude magazine ad I'm looking at in my office right now!
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      It is an excellent car and I like the color.
                      I would have purchased it from John, except that I would have driven it and that would have reduced its value greatly.
                      IIRC, the car does have a few authenticity issues that were not picked up by the judges. I do not remember what it lost the point for.
                      We caught one or two at the International. I had one red,white and blue emblem done in the 63 style of blue, red and white and I forgot what the other issue was. The point deduction was for a small scratch in the clear coat. Probably a nicer car than a brand new example because of the over restored paint and chrome even with one backwards emblem.

BTW, I almost forgot to give my pit crew a lot of credit for that score. Gary, N8, Jeff Rice and others stayed busy with Q tips and polishing cloths all day. One fingerprint stood out like a sore thumb, so it was redetailed over and over. Thus my reason for not keeping her, too nice a car for me to keep up.
                      Last edited by JDP; 05-30-2011, 04:06 PM.
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

Hey John! That would be "Jeff Bradel" (not Rice) that was polishing that beauty. It was the least I could do for you allowing me to use your garage and expertise while working on the Lark. You did an incredible job restoring the green Hawk. It is the nicest I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                          Hey John! That would be "Jeff Bradel" (not Rice) that was polishing that beauty. It was the least I could do for you allowing me to use your garage and expertise while working on the Lark. You did an incredible job restoring the green Hawk. It is the nicest I have ever seen.
                          OK, both Jeff's and others I likely forgot. You and N8 were there for the duration as I recall.
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

Sid is always driven to a show, I do not own a trailer. Sid should be a trailer queen in quality (and risk of an accidnet) however,cars were ment to be driven.
                            Jack

Comment

Sid is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X