A Studacuda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Studacuda?

Geeze, there must be a million car-topic forums on the internet!

Our freind Diego Rosenberg, announcer at The Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race, just forwarded this item of interest:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Kristin hasn't posted here in a while. If I lived in LA and were thirty years younger...SIGH!

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Wonder where it is today?
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

YE GODS! That thing is COOL!
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

What if he'd put a first gen. Barracuda backglass on it instead? The Cadillac rear is a little too heavy looking to me.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I know John Saltsman he is quite a guy and a good trany man, my body man knows even better than I do, in fact he just send John the 80 Avanti I had that was damaged in the front and rear, very interesting article...
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Rockne10,
              Not to make you jealous. Oh ya I will. Two weekends ago I spent an hour showing Kristen my car. She is going to do an article on it later this year. She told me she will "Look me up" in Bonneville. I can tell you that spending an hour with Kristen is a very pleasant experience. She is smart, cute and best of all she "LOVES" Studebakers and cars in general. Come out to Bonneville and I will introduce you.
              Dan

Comment

She is adorable! Almost a twin to my sweet Linda (only without the car interest). Someday I'll have to post her picture here. Love them dorky girls!

(And yes, 'dorky' is a complimentary term!)
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Always wondered what a fast back C/K would look like, kinda disapointed. Maybe if it was chopped it would look a little better. Maybe it looks better in person.
                  I've seen Kristens articals before, she seems like a very smart , cool, and pretty woman.
                  101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I don't remember who to credit this model to, but it has a pleasing look. Easy to mistake for a Baracuda if you don't look close.
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Sorry, guys. While you are ooo-ing and aaah-ing over this car, I'm wondering, "Is this the answer to a question no one asked?" I kinda think that Bob Bourke knew what he was doing when he DIDN'T make a fast-back.

Then, again, who knows? Maybe a fast-back woulda saved the Company.

Naaaaw!!

John

Comment

My wife and I met up with Greasegirl at Viva Las Vegas back in April. She has a lot of fun with ther 55 Champion. She drove her it across the desert to Vegas with no problems and had a great time doing it! She recently redid the brakes and had the transmission rebuilt not that long ago and the car is a very healthy daily driver. She's keeping the car in original condition for now too, with all the minor rust and thin paint areas. Patina, Baby!
                        Scott Rodgers
                        Los Angeles
                        SDC Member since 1989
                        \'60 Lark HT
                        \'63 Wagonaire
                        \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Looks like a Triumph GT6

Comment

Hey all! Glad you've enjoyed viewing the article Isn't it wild!? I ran into John at GNRS this past January with his Studebaker custom pickup...and he ended up having these photos tucked away somewhere!

One of these days I'll get to a Studebaker event and meet some of ya'll....Dan, it was great meeting you at El Mirage! I know the La Palma meet is next weekend...but I'm working Any of you guys in the LA chapter...I'm hoping to make next month's meeting - I just recently realized that it was in the evening and not 10am on a workday!

Happy Trails,
                            Kristin (aka: GreaseGirl)
                            Kristin Cline | '55 Champion Coupe | www.GreaseGirl.com
                            sigpic

Comment

And Studacuda...great tagline Bob!
                              Kristin Cline | '55 Champion Coupe | www.GreaseGirl.com
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X