Cars Two Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars Two Movie

At Walmart today I saw some new cars I am guessing are from the next Cars movie. I saw an AMC Gremlin and AMC Pacer. What no Studebakers?

The Gremlin is, in fact, The Evil Gremlin in the new movie! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I know we SDC members begged long and hard for a Studebaker in the Cars 2 movie, but I guess since this one will be a spy flick they didn't deem one of South Bend's finest to be acceptable. Maybe there will be a Cars 3 that will feature a Studebaker.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I saw some toys the other day. there is an English spy car based on the Bond Aston Martin. But the car looks like it has an 1950s Italian looking front...probably to avoid lawsuits.
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

There is a green #23 named 'Stu' that finally wrecks and retires the Fabulous 51 Hudson. It is in the comic books and I thought sure a 'Stu' toy would be forthcoming. But........... stupak

Comment

Don't give up there just might be one in there. I guess we will have to wait and see. I am optimistic that there will be one somewhere in the movie. I too was at Wal mart yesterday and saw all the new toys, chairs , swim aids.
            Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            The Prez 1955 President State
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
            Fresno,Ca

Comment

The photo shoots featured a blue '55 Stude Speedster; maybe they're holding off using that car till Cars 3...

I think the Astonish spy-car looks rather a lot like Raymond Loewy!

S.

Comment

Well yeah, because what in the world would English spy stories possibly have to do with Studebaker?

http://tinyurl.com/3cmqtsu

Comment

If memory serves, one of the early James Bond books features a Studilac.
                  Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                  50 Champion 2 door*
                  53 Commander K Auto*
                  53 Commander K overdrive*
                  55 President Speedster
                  62 GT 4Speed*
                  63 Avanti R1*
                  64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Working...