Packard Hawk convertible in Dayton/Stude display at the A-C-D museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard Hawk convertible in Dayton/Stude display at the A-C-D museum

I just returned from my epic solo trip to Indy for the centennial of Stutz and the IMS.

After my Indy time, I did a trip to the Packard Museum in Dayton and saw a car said to be a prototype Packard Hawk convertible. Wow! The docent said they were having trouble with its carb so it hasn't been driven much compared to the other cars. Any SDCer willing to help them out?

At the Auburn Cord Duesenberg museum in Auburn they had a nice exhibit on the history of Studebaker. It included a great red Avanti. At least I can say a car similar to mine is in the museum..

And I finaly got to see the Studebaker museum. It was fun and firts rate. could use some more cars, but it's focus is on the history of the firm rather than just being a car collection, so that's okay.

Many thanks to Bob Palma for allowing me to dfrop my car/trailer off at his place while i did the car museum tour.
    Thanks again...

EDIT:Re The Packard.. I had forgotten there was some contoversy about the car. It looks very nice in person and i didn't check to see whether it had roll up windows or a functioning top.
    Last edited by JBOYLE; 05-23-2011, 02:18 PM.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

You're welcome, John!

I see you haven't checked the odometer yet...

<GGG> BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
    X