'41-48 M-16's project rarity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '41-48 M-16's project rarity?

So, guys, I got this itch again. My whole life (My family has many stories of me when I was very young, resisting all efforts to leave the cab of semi's), I have had this in fatuation with bigger trucks. The bigger the better that is, as long as it's not some weenie-mobile on 4" lift kits (No offense to anyone who has one, I just don't appreciate that look myself.) My first original dream for a first car/Studebaker was a M-16, and now I am entertaining the dream again. How hard are these projects to find? I prefer complete, but rough is NOT a bad thing in this case, I am a total glutton for punishment. How much would I be expecting to pay? I'm not in the market at the moment, but I am planning.....

Thanks!
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

I know where you can get an exceptionally nice '46 M16 that's just gorgeous. But it's in central Florida.

Comment

I'd love to see pictures of that Matt, if you have any. I can't be in the market for a NICE one though. I'm a CASO, and I enjoy the build. So.....
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

One of the bigger M series trucks in good condition shouldn't be too hard to find if you are patient. I would think that a suitable candidate should be in eastern Washington. I remember seeing several trucks in South Dakota still being used on farms several years ago.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
          I'd love to see pictures of that Matt, if you have any. I can't be in the market for a NICE one though. I'm a CASO, and I enjoy the build. So.....

Comment

Matthew,
            I wish I could ask you to strap that "Halo" to the back of that truck and ship them both out to me! Oh my!!!
            Carey
            Packard Hawk

Comment

We'll watch for something here on the dry side of the state for you. Are you going to restore it or build something you can actually drive?

First thing to do is post a WTB over on the truck forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885/

There's a cab and chassis in northern Idaho which has been for sale for $500 for years, so he might take a lower offer. http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/2370800669.html

jack vines
              Last edited by PackardV8; 05-21-2011, 04:10 PM.
              PackardV8

Comment

If you do find a "big" M, I have a gob of parts (bearings, bushings, kingpin rebuild kit, etc...) that I'm never going to use.
                Andy
                62 GT

Comment

WOW, that truck is incredable Matt! Thanks!

Mr.Vines, thanks for the link! I had forgotten about that one. I wonder if it is REALLY a '41? That was a low production year wasn't it?

Andy R. Thanks for the offer, I'll definately keep it in mind when I'm ready
                  Dylan Wills
                  Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                  1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
                    So, guys, I got this itch again. My whole life (My family has many stories of me when I was very young, resisting all efforts to leave the cab of semi's), I have had this in fatuation with bigger trucks. The bigger the better that is, as long as it's not some weenie-mobile on 4" lift kits (No offense to anyone who has one, I just don't appreciate that look myself.) My first original dream for a first car/Studebaker was a M-16, and now I am entertaining the dream again. How hard are these projects to find? I prefer complete, but rough is NOT a bad thing in this case, I am a total glutton for punishment. How much would I be expecting to pay? I'm not in the market at the moment, but I am planning.....

Thanks!
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

silverhawk; Come, join the truck nuts on the Studebaker Truck Talk forum. We talk M-series trucks almost daily, maybe M16's a little less. But M16's for sale show up quite often in different forms and conditions. Come on over and talk Studebaker trucks with us. This is a very knowledgeable group.

Frank Drumheller
                    Locust Grove, VA
                    60S-W6
                    M16-52 Boyer-bodied 1948 fire truck
                    Last edited by studelark; 05-21-2011, 06:20 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Will do! Thanks for the suggestion!
                      Dylan Wills
                      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
                      X