Josh and the Sky Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh and the Sky Hawk

I have a Sky Hawk that I intend to restore if I live long enough, but it is a back burner project. It hasn't been run in a year or two. Grandson Joshua (11) asked me recently what would it take to get it cranked? I told him "Gas, battery, clean the points,and a little time."

Josh and I usually go somewhere and eat supper togather on Wed.nights. Yesterday when he came in from school,his Mama dropped him off at my house. He came in and asked"Can we go to the shop and see about cranking that old Hawk up?"

We got to the shop and uncovered the engine. Josh asked "Can I do this by myself?" I said "Have at it son." and stepped back to watch.

Josh started gathering up the needed tools and supplys: I V Bottle(aux. fuel supply) screwdrivers,. sand paper, pliers and a battery. He got everything hooked up, poured in some gas, shot it with ether, and turned the key. The old Hawk came alive!! Pretty soon he had it purring like a kitten, then roaring like Lion!!

Needless to say, I was PROUD of the boy ! Then went to Krystle for supper. NT
    Neil Thornton

Just goes to show, "Ya gotta wanna!"

I'm sure you're proud of that guy! As anyone should be.

John

Comment

EXCELLENT!!!

The last time that car was ran, I think I was in High School and had the same wild hair to get it running as Josh did. The kid has the same love and passion for Studes as I did at his age.. Watch out, he might end up owning a Studebaker business..

Comment

You mean you have a Krystle near you and we missed it??? I'm coming back!!!!
        Jamie McLeod
        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
        1958 Commander "Christine"
        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
        1955 Commander Sedan
        1964 Champ
        1960 Lark

Comment

It's combined with Flash Food Conv. store and Shell Gas station. Don't know how you missed it! NT
          Neil Thornton

Comment

Gots to make a Grandfather proud!!
            Tom
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X