Y.O.M. plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y.O.M. plates

I decided to check ebay for some 1958 Md tags for Christine, and they are cheap compared to flea markets. Here's the set I bought:

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Good move! The details make the car.

Here's the '63 British Columbia plate on my Hawk. It's going to a show this weekend, so I swapped out the Washington plate...

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Good move! The details make the car.

Here's the '63 British Columbia plate on my Hawk. It's going to a show this weekend, so I swapped out the Washington plate...

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Nice plates guys!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Nice plates guys!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Christine is reaching the restoration tipping point. That's where you have to wash your hands "before" you work on the car, and you spend more time trying to find things to fix then it does to fix them. I fixed the courtesy light and horn wire, painted the frame and had the oil changed and chassis lubed. I got a $350 quote to paint the fins and am still pondering. I have two big boxes of left over NOS weatherstripping and will add them just to keep the car nice and dry.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
            63 Avanti R1
            63 Daytona convert
            63 Lark 2 door
            62 Lark 2 door
            60 Lark HT-60Hawk
            59 3E truck
            58 Starlight
            52 & 53 Starliner
            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Christine is reaching the restoration tipping point. That's where you have to wash your hands "before" you work on the car, and you spend more time trying to find things to fix then it does to fix them. I fixed the courtesy light and horn wire, painted the frame and had the oil changed and chassis lubed. I got a $350 quote to paint the fins and am still pondering. I have two big boxes of left over NOS weatherstripping and will add them just to keep the car nice and dry.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
              63 Avanti R1
              63 Daytona convert
              63 Lark 2 door
              62 Lark 2 door
              60 Lark HT-60Hawk
              59 3E truck
              58 Starlight
              52 & 53 Starliner
              51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

JP, my opinion (not that you asked for it!) is to leave the fins as-is. The car's just too original to go mucking with it. At least, that's what I'd do! Your mileage may vary...

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

JP, my opinion (not that you asked for it!) is to leave the fins as-is. The car's just too original to go mucking with it. At least, that's what I'd do! Your mileage may vary...

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I have been looking on and off for the past year for a 1946 Iowa truck plate to put on my '46 M-16 fire truck with no luck at all.

Comment

I have been looking on and off for the past year for a 1946 Iowa truck plate to put on my '46 M-16 fire truck with no luck at all.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Many states did not issue plates during the war years. There were no '46 plates issued in Washington, for example. Maybe the Iowa guys here on the forum would know if Iowa issued plates in '46.

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Many states did not issue plates during the war years. There were no '46 plates issued in Washington, for example. Maybe the Iowa guys here on the forum would know if Iowa issued plates in '46.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Guido

See if you can find a truck plate for your fire truck. Fire trucks here probably would have had 'Public Service' plates on them. Here's the regular commercial truck plate I found for Big Bertha.(Even though its Apache Red, it was never a fire truck).

Craig

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Guido

See if you can find a truck plate for your fire truck. Fire trucks here probably would have had 'Public Service' plates on them. Here's the regular commercial truck plate I found for Big Bertha.(Even though its Apache Red, it was never a fire truck).

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X