Hood Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood Needed

After installing an electric fuel pump, I took my 1948 Studebaker Commander out for a test drive. I sped up to 70 mph and the hood came open. It was damaged pretty badly. Does anyone know where I could get either a NOS or used hood? I tried Studebaker International about a week ago, and they haven't answered....Joe

It might help to let us know your location,someone in the club just HAS to have a hood for you! I don't think S.I. had any sheet metal that old.
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

If ur in Minnesota ----- http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...362636435.html

Comment

Try Bo Markham here on the Forum.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Hi Hawk,

I'm located in Northern Minnesota about 50 miles north of Duluth on Minnesota's Iron Range. I was just getting ready to have the car painted when my hood got all torn up. Dang the luck!

Joe

Comment

Hi aarrggh,
            I checked the link you gave me. The hood is for a Champion. I have a Commander. Do you know if both models use the same hood?
            Joe

Comment

I hope someone here can answer this question , cause heck if i know . . I`m surprised " typeSblood " acually does live in Minnesota . . . doh !

Comment

Originally posted by typeSblood View Post
                Hi aarrggh,
                I checked the link you gave me. The hood is for a Champion. I have a Commander. Do you know if both models use the same hood?
                Joe

Response deleted
                Good Luck, Steve
                Last edited by wolfie; 05-16-2011, 07:04 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by typeSblood View Post
                  After installing an electric fuel pump, I took my 1948 Studebaker Commander out for a test drive. I sped up to 70 mph and the hood came open. It was damaged pretty badly. Does anyone know where I could get either a NOS or used hood? I tried Studebaker International about a week ago, and they haven't answered....Joe
                  I have a very nice used hood for the '47 - '49 Commanders (Commander and Champion hoods through 1950 ARE NOT the same . IThis one is painted gray. I'm probably too far from you (Eastern Panhandle of WV) and I'm reluctant to ship it, but...
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

53k, you beat me to it. The Commander hoods are longer. Dick Lindsey has a good one in Northeastern Ohio for $100. Greyhound may take it to MN for the best price.

Comment

Working...
                    X