Fantastic vacation!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic vacation!!!!!

I told all my customers that I had 9 days of therapy lined up. They gave me a concerned look. The first 4 days of Packard Therapy have been fantastic!
    Day one was the Golden Super Cruise!
    Day two I degreased the underside of the engine to prepare for:
    Day three I replaced the motor mounts and then took my wife for ice cream!
    Day four my friend and I changed the points condenser rotor and cap. We then set the idle and the timing. My friend, retired aircraft mechanic, then adjusted my carb by ear. Wow what a difference! The old girl hasn't run like that since we have had her! Then I took the Packard to my wife's work during her lunch break. Her friends loved it! When I got home, I cleaned her inside and out!

5 more Packard Therapy days left!!!
    Carey
    Packard Hawk

Sounds like my kind of therapy. Keep at it and you'll be just fine
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Fortunately, the 'sickness' is permanent, and therapy will have to be on-going. I guess you can deal with that...

Comment

Day 5! Dealing just fine!

Today I went to an antique mall. I was sporting my jean jacket with our club patch on the back. I was looking for a picnic basket for the back seat of the Packard. I found a Studebaker dog dish sized hubcap. A coupe express hot wheels type toy. A Pyrex bowl for Peg. I found a really cool old Budwiser cooler. Big bucks. I found/bought a nice looking basket from the 50's. One of the employees noticed my coat. Turns out his father owned a large Stude dealership. He has a 63 Avanti that has never been licensed! I pitched the SDC/Conestoga and also the AOAI. You never know what you will find at the mall!
        Tonight, I decided to see why my tach wasn't working. Ever take a sending unit apart? Dang! That was like one of those cans with the covered springs in it! That was fun putting it back together after I got it all cleaned up. Still didn't work, but it's clean! Then I cleaned the inside of all the windows and also the dash.
        Now...what can I do tomorrow?
        Carey
        Packard Hawk

Comment

Carey..
          Maybe you could just sit your PHawk in the drive relax and look at her..
          Sounds good to me..
          Ron
          Ron Husak
          Conifer, CO
          Living at 9200 feet and lovin it!
          63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

Ron,
            Are we going to see your Avanti at Mt Vernon this Sunday (9th Day of vacation/therapy)?
            Carey
            Packard Hawk

Comment

And who says you have to go somewhere to enjoy a vacation? Glad you are having fun.
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Carey..
                Nope not this time.. We are currently on Vacation through Utah.. We are currently at Zion.. Then on to Bryce.
                Besides I don't have my Carburetor and Supercharger back from the Myers yet..
                When I get back I have to go back to Dearborn Michigan to close on my mother in law's house and dispose of household stuff. Gonna be tight this summer..
                But will make an appearance sometimes soon..
                Ron
                Ron Husak
                Conifer, CO
                Living at 9200 feet and lovin it!
                63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

Having fun????? That's an understatement!!!!!

Ron, we will miss you folks! Hurry back! Take some pictures of BEAUTIFUL Utah and share them with us!

Today's report will happen when I am done for the day!!
                  Carey
                  Packard Hawk

Comment

Day 6: Yeah!

Didn't do much with the Packard today, but I did pull everything out of the trunk in preparation of re-sealing the sending unit. That will happen tomorrow.
                    I had to do something car related today, so I went to the Forney Museum of Transportation. They have a wonderful display of Model A's. You all know that I am a photography nut, so after 1.5 hours I decided to tease the Museum's director (studesnbldr) and let him know that Elvis was in the building! Right in front of his Bulletnose!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Elvis is in the building!.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1668075 (crappy cell phone picture...sorry)

Here are two on my favorite A's from today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5-12-11 021.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1668077Click image for larger version

Name:	5-12-11 035.jpg
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1668078Click image for larger version

Name:	5-12-11 032.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1668079Click image for larger version

Name:	5-12-11 034.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1668076

The rest of my pics can be found here.
                    After the museum, I went to Tool Zone to check it out. Bought a few things. Ended up at the hardware store and then home. Now I am enjoying a cold beverage with my wife. Am I living right or what?

Tune in tomorrow!
                    Carey
                    Packard Hawk

Comment

Day 7!

Therapy was very productive today. I got the sending unit all put back together. While I had everything out of the trunk, I decided to consolidate the stuff that gets carried around back there. Before it went back in, I vacuumed under the liner and also did the top side! After that I scrubbed the floor mats to get rid of a couple of spots. Then vacuumed the interior. After the cover went back on, I spent the rest of the day having a great time with the family!
                      How early can I get up tomorrow?
                      Carey
                      Packard Hawk

Comment

Day 8!

Hi Everyone, this is Peggy!

Carey is worn out and in bed! Carey took me to the Mall today and bought me a pair of shoes. And then he said "Isn't there a Sears store around here?" So, we went to Sears! I didn't think we'd ever get out of there! At one point, a nice employee asked if we needed a basket or a buggy for Carey's findings! I think Carey knew better than to accept! Regardless, we both had our hands full by the time we made it to the Register! Somehow, he made out better than I did!

Evidently, when I took my Parents to Church this afternoon, Carey decided he didn't have enough and he went to Harbor Freight. That's okay - I prayed for him! He did take us all to dinner though - Texas Roadhouse! When we got home, he never even came in from the garage. I poked my head out there to see if he was okay - he had half the car cover off! Don't ask me what he was doing!! When he finally did come in, he went straight to bed! I sure hope the weather is good tomorrow 'cause we're going to our monthly Conestoga meeting! Sure would be nice to take the Packard out, especially since Carey worked so hard during his 'Therapy' this week! I'm sure he'll have pictures to share!

Oh, by the way, I would recommend this type of 'Therapy' to any and all of you! Carey has been so happy and relaxed this week and it's been the hugest pleasure seeing him this way! It's totally worth it all!

Peggy
                        Carey
                        Packard Hawk

Comment

Day 9! Had a blast, then...

Today started out with rain. The Packard stayed in the garage. We took Peg's parents to the Mt Vernon Country Club for brunch with the Conestoga Chapter. After a great meeting, we returned home. At about 6 I asked Peg to help me check the tranny fluid. After the car was warmed up and the fluid checked, I put my tools away and turned around and... Radiator fluid all over the place! I am really glad that happened in the driveway and not on the way to the meeting with the folks in the car! Turns out when I replaced the motor mounts, it changed the position of the lower radiator hose. It got a little close to the fan belt! Oops! Quick trip to the parts store and the hose is replaced. One night this week I will clean everything under the hood, but not tonight.

Oh well, back to work tomorrow.
                          Carey
                          Packard Hawk

Comment

Pulled into the parking lot @ work this morning and there it was...my 7 month old work truck...wrecked. Wasn't that special! All the guys thought I would blow up when I found out. My reply was simple. "I don't get paid to get angry, that is the boss's job. Besides that it will take a lot more than that to bring me down from my high!" I had a great day!
                            Carey
                            Packard Hawk

Comment

Working...
                            X