1966 interior / exterior combinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 interior / exterior combinations

Can someone please list what interior colors for 1966 were available or usual with each exterior color? Was the gold interior used with white, black and gold paint, or was it also used with green or other exterior colors?
    I'm also curious about the stock white interior. I've seen photos of it from Studebaker's brochure (I'd take the white interior and girl sitting in the car, too!), but how often do you actually see the white interior?
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

If your talking about the Daytona interiors , there were 3 Champagne White , Tahitian Red and Black .
    Commander had 3 also to pic from , Montego Blue , Scottsdale Gold and Black , same for Cruisers but a different more high end cloth. Commander in vinyl only was Black and Tahitian Red.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I was thinking about the Cruiser, sorry.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Ok , are we talking vinyl or cloth ?
        sigpic

Comment

Either (both).

Comment

Before January 1st, 1966:

After January 1st, 1966:

Craig

Comment

Perfect! Thanks!

Comment

Both my Black and my White Cruiser have the gold material. They are both 66 Cruisers.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Hey Dick , hope to see you at the International !
                  sigpic

Comment

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have pictures of 1966 cars with the gold interior and a paint color that's not gold or black? I'm wondering what it looks like with a blue exterior. Apparently the gold interior was also recommended with white cars, but I don't think I've ever seen one. I used to have a black 66 Cruiser with gold interior and it looked good.

Comment

My Daytona has the all white interior, and might be the car the girl is sitting in. Trying to get some more documentation about some shows it was at.
                      Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      I'm also curious about the stock white interior. I've seen photos of it from Studebaker's brochure (I'd take the white interior and girl sitting in the car, too!), but how often do you actually see the white interior?
                      sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                      1950 Champion Convertible
                      1950 Champion 4Dr
                      1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                      1957 Thunderbird

Comment

I like the white interiors, too. I don't think they were put in Cruisers (maybe special order).

Comment

Ask Stu Chapman about the girl!

Heck, maybe I"LL ask Stu Chapman about the girl! She 'd be about my age, perhaps a little older. But if she's put on as much weight as I have since 1966...well, we'll see if she has a nice personality!
                          Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                          61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                          Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                          Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Maybe the girl is why I like the white interiors.

Comment

White vinyl was available in all Daytonas, Wagonaires and Cruisers.
                              Originally posted by Scott View Post
                              I like the white interiors, too. I don't think they were put in Cruisers (maybe special order).
                              sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                              1950 Champion Convertible
                              1950 Champion 4Dr
                              1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                              1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Working...
                              X