Big Thank You from the Michiana Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Thank You from the Michiana Chapter

On behalf of the Michiana Chapter a big THANK YOU to all vendors, attendees, and folks that brought their car to the Crossroads Zone Meet. Today the building at the Fairgrounds got cleaned, folks got to drive on the Proving Grounds track, and we are done for another year.

One of the highlights of this weekend was the Cruise-in at Studebaker International. This event was a lot of fun, and the pizza from the Stonebaker was great. There were a bunch of Studebakers there and we hope to make this a regular part of your weekend in South Bend.

We were lucky enough to have our Zone Meet Dinner at the Museum last night with a full house as well. A big thanks to the Museum for allowing us to use the facilities.

We had 26 cars that signed up as of Friday night to be judged. On Saturday there were 76 cars tobe judged on the field. Ray Martin from Canada was our Chief Judge and we appreciate the efforts of the judges.

To all the vendors, a big thanks for coming to South Bend. We realize that gas isn't cheap. We appreciate all the vendors making the trek, dealing with the interesting Indiana weather this time of year, and the uncertainty of not knowing if it will be a profitable weekend.

We hope everyone that came had a great weekend in South Bend. Next year the Crossroads Zone Meet will again be in South Bend, and we hope to see you then!

Bob Henning
    Chris Patton
    Co-Chairs

You guys really worked your butt off, so thank you too. Great job. It was a blast. I never saw you slow down all weekend, Bob. Huge kudos. See you next year.

Comment

I agree and thank the 2 chairmen and Karen Dyer. It was a well organized Meet,the weather held off mainly, and while there were more cars than expected,that was good and we got them all judged.

Comment

I've enjoyed it the past two years and hope to get my Stude there next year. Thank you all for the tremendous effort.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I missed the whole Car Show due to brake problems. I wanted to thank Dave Arnold for driving me around to find a Hydrovac and then the next day for an hour and a half looking for a fitting 1/2"NPT-1/4"NPT reducer to make a new hydrovac fit on my Hawk. I am sure that screwed up much of Dave day looking for parts and cars during the car show. It seems I change a hydrovac on my car everytime I bring her to South Bend. Big thanks to Tim Kobernik (SP?) AKA GTtim for helping me bleed the system and diagnose the Pedal hitting the floor. We avoided a catastrophic brake failure in the parking lot of the swapmeet as I was changing the brake switch. Hard to believe that the Hydrovac failed just after changing the switch. We added plenty of brake fluid to the system,only to have it disappear. I was reluctant to think it was the hydrovac again but told both Tim and another guy the brake fluid must be in the Hydrovac and the vacuum line. When I turned my back to do something, Tim grabbed a driver and pulled the vacuum line and found the brake fluid that we just poured in the reservoir which was now on the ground. After replacing the Hydrovac, I have to say the vacuum must have sucked plenty of brake fluid out of the system since it took 10-15 minutes to clear the exhaust. Wow what a cloud of white smoke! I have to say if your going to break down the South Bend Swap meet is the place to do it.

Allen
          Last edited by studebaker-R2-4-me; 05-09-2011, 10:52 AM.
          1964 GT Hawk
          PSMCDR 2014
          Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
          PSMCDR 2013
          Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

I had a great time at the event. The tour of SI was great. the rain stayed off for most of the judging. I am sorry that I didn't drive one of my Studes to the show (because of forecast weather). I enjoyed judging and the Michiana Chapter really put on a good show. The museum was, as always fantastic. Best of all with the exception of a couple of "meat draws" at the legion I have never won a thing in my life but I won the Studebaker Watch. Thanks for a great time.
            Last edited by 2moredoors; 05-09-2011, 03:42 PM. Reason: spelling
            sigpic
            55 President Deluxe
            64 Commander
            66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Dittos on all of the above, I had a good time, and will be back BOTH times next year!!

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

We made a fast run up and back. Tailgated with old names and new faces Friday night and visited with new and old friends Saturday. Drove around SB to see the current demolition status and headed home Saturday evening. Tried to help the vendors all I could. Good times.
                Jim
                Often in error, never in doubt
                http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                X