Studebaker people must be special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker people must be special

Today I received a letter with a money order inside from an e-bay buyer, he is also a Studebaker person, but the letter came through the mail with out a stamp or even a return address, I guess some one up there likes Studebaker people??

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

I'm surprised they didn't attach a statement for unpaid postage. No wonder the Postal Service is going under.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Wow, not paying for postage? That's taking CASO to a whole new level!
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Ohhhh, they're special, all right.

Bob, did you rip the area off where the stamp would be, or did it arrive semi-damaged from the USPS? For you postal workers: Does that code under the name make it on there after it clears some sort of stamp test, or do all letters make it through? How does that work? I've often wondered. I've received things without postage, yet had some returned demanding 2 more cents.

Comment

Some letters do sneak through without postage or short of the right amount. Remember that once mailed, most letters aren't touched by human hands until they are put in the box by the carrier. He is the "last line of defense" as far as collected shorted postage. If he doesn't care, then the letter goes through. I'm not sure when the bar code gets sprayed on, probably after the postage is verified.
          Chip
          '63 Cruiser
          '57 Packard wagon
          '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
          '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Bob
            You should start offering free postage on your parts.lol
            pb

Comment

Quoting the Sage of Oswego, "I hate postal people. They suck."
              The stamp detector is on the production line between the small-package-mangle and the white-powder-sterilizer.

Shorter CASO: What's the big deal, it's only three cents one way or the other. What?
              [Radical CASO: two cents.]

Comment

Dave, I just made a mess when opening it, as far as the bar code thing I don't know maybe need to wait for mr post man to get into this, it is funny how he can post something so fast and often, but on this where it hits close to home nothing. no names used here.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                  maybe need to wait for mr post man to get into this, it is funny how he can post something so fast and often, but on this where it hits close to home nothing. no names used here.
                  Yikes, I wonder who "mr post man" could be?

I know it's not me you're referring to since of course you know, I just now saw this since I was at work delivering the mail at 11:48AM EST.

Also know it's not me since I have never once shied away for a minute from correcting, defending, or agreeing about a problem with the PO here- always responded as soon as I saw it.

Also know it's not me since you say it's someone that "can post so fast and often", and this is only my fourth post in the four days since my son went into the hospital and scared me shitless, and I didn't even post Wed. or Thurs. at all.

And, I know you wouldn't be taking a jab at someone who worked so hard to promote your business here (with rather good results). I know you're not the ungrateful type, and I've never done one thing wrong to you, and consider you a friend, so I'm sure it's not me.

Whoever you're talking about must have done something really nasty to screw you over to take a jab at them without cause like that. You say they post often here, so I will let them answer the questions since they'll be along soon.

Of course, you might have just been kidding and forgot to add a smiley
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

There is no "stamp test" per se. There is a special ink used in postage stamps that help the machines "face" a letter for proper cancellation. The stamp test as mentioned earlier is the postal employee that handles the letter by hand. They call that revenue protection and they should have taken the letter to the clerk in the office to mark it up postage due. Since most letters are now sorted by machine and not touched by human hand until the point of delivery, I would suspect this employee figured it was easier (and cheaper for the postal service) to just deliver the letter for free. To bring the letter back to the office to properly mark it up postage due would require at least five more handlings of that mail. Certainly more cost effective to just place it in your mailbox as a bonus to you Bob.

The bar code at the bottom of the letter would indicate the mail was "delivery point sequenced" and not handled by a person until it reached the mailbox as I mentiond earlier.

I no longer work for the postal service but I know many great people who still do, including my wife. These dedicated employees care very much about giving great service. It's a shame that a few knucklheads that don't (or can't) give good service, ruin it for the vast majority that do great work. I wish folks wouldn't be so quick to slam the post office. I still think you get great service for the money.
                    Jon Stalnaker
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Now I know 2 post men, and Bob I was not making fun of the post office or anyone just a simple thread post.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Former post man for me. But I still think fondly of the post office. Especially when I get my retirement check each month.
                        Jon Stalnaker
                        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                          Former post man for me. But I still think fondly of the post office. Especially when I get my retirement check each month.
                          Hey! Me, too!
                          Chip
                          '63 Cruiser
                          '57 Packard wagon
                          '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                          '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Mine are direct deposit, and since I started using the internet to do my postage it make selling on e-bay a lot easier and I can move items out they day they are paid for, I have no problems with our postal service they have made it easy to use in most cases. hats off the the good post men.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Working...
                            X