Supercharger Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharger Black

I realize the supercharger and fan originally came orange but I really do not like orange so I am wanting to paint them black like the rebuilds. I know I'm being anal but are they gloss, semi-gloss, or flat black?

Originally posted by shouldbesad View Post
    I realize the supercharger and fan originally came orange but I really do not like orange so I am wanting to paint them black like the rebuilds. I know I'm being anal but are they gloss, semi-gloss, or flat black?
    Probably depends on who and when they were rebuilt. Since you are going non stock anyway, I'd do gloss black.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

The superchargers on early Avantis were black - gloss black.

Comment

Go with the gloss black. Engine heat will impart the requisite patina.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Apparently, I'm the cult of one. I just have never been able to adapt to gloss black under the hood. Semi-gloss at a minimum and satin is even better. Gloss black to me under the hood comes close to"If it don't go-Chrome It".

But that's just me.

Bob

Comment

I do not believe all fans were orange from the factory. At least one, mine, was (is) black. It is on an R2 Avanti assembled in January, 1963. The blower is orange. -- Rich

Comment

Yes on the fan, anyway. I've still got a black clutch fan that came on the R1 that is now in my Coupe.
              sals54

Comment

When i built my 60 lark i painted the supercharger bright yellow it sure stood out but looked great. Gene

Comment

I saw let it stand out if you got it flaunt it. Factory Orange.

Comment

Working...
                  X