A great moment...she runs, she runs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A great moment...she runs, she runs!!

Been trying to get the motor from my '47 Champ to start for 6 months after it has set up for 10+ years. Finally put the right size battery cables on it and it started up yesterday. Don't have the radiator mounted yet so I only ran it for 4 or 5 minutes. 60 lbs. of oil pressure. According to the speedo, it has 47,000 miles on it. Looks like I'll have to replace a couple of gaskets though. You can see a little steam in the photo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker_ITRUNS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1733364

Congatulations. That must be a great moment. Is it possible to link to a movie or an audio clip. I'd love to hear the sound.
    The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Comment

I second that. Video would be great. Congrats on bringing her back to life!
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

A video is not a bad idea...hadn't thought of that. I think you can link in a video to a forum post.

Comment

Originally posted by BBStude View Post
          A video is not a bad idea...hadn't thought of that. I think you can link in a video to a forum post.
          A great day indeed. Post the video on Youtube and put the URL in the block presented when you click on the video link at the top of the Reply box.

Just like posting a picture.

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X