Official Welcome From The Michiana Chapter to South Bend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Welcome From The Michiana Chapter to South Bend

The Michiana Chapter would like to welcome you to South Bend starting this Thursday. This year is the 30th year for the Meet, and is also the Crossroads Zone Meet. We have a full house of inside vendors, and there are plenty of folks outside too. There are a lot of events going on around the Meet as well:

---Cruise-in at the South Bend location of Studebaker International on Friday from 5-8 pm. We will have pizza from the Studebaker "Stonebaker", and hot dogs too! There will be some door prizes as well, so join us at Studebaker International! This event is free!

---The Studebaker National Museum is debuting their new exhibit, "Viva Italia" on Friday May 6th. You can find out more at www.studebakermuseum.org.

---Our Zone Meet Dinner will be at the Studebaker National Museum on Saturday night May 7. Doors will open at 6, and we will start dinner at 7 pm. If you would like to attend and haven't signed up yet, please let us know when you get to South Bend.

--On Sunday May 8th we will be taking a cruise around the Proving Grounds track west of South Bend on State Road 2.We will assemble in the Main Parking lot at 9 am rain or shine. Please bring your cameras as we will be parking our cars for a nice photo opportunity in the center field. If you need directions, please come to the registration desk and we will get them to you.

We have 2 different car shows going on this year as well. The Zone Meet is judged on the 400 point system for Studebaker type cars only, and also a show for Studebakers that prefer not to be judged on the 400 point system, and non-Studebakers alike that is judged on a 100 point system. Use our Zone Meet to get ready for Springfield!

The Car Corral will be full again this year, so please stop and take a look there too.

Please plan on joining us in South Bend this weekend
    Last edited by Bob Henning; 05-03-2011, 03:42 PM.

Sounds wonderful, but I'll have to settle for a slide show of my pictures form 2010 and 2009. Miss you guys! Next year I'll bring my Stude. Have a great one.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I will be there... Thanks for the invite!

Comment

Thanks for the invite. Weather permitting I will bring my '66 Cruiser but if it is at all like last year it will be my 2004 "German Engineered Sports Sedan (diesel)." Last year when I took the '66 it grew gills on the way back, the weather was so wet.
        Anyway I/we intend to have supper at the museum.
        sigpic
        55 President Deluxe
        64 Commander
        66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Wouldn't miss it!!
          Bob, there is an error... Sunday, and the proving ground tour, is on the 8th.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

BOUT TIME YOU GOT that ON HERE ROBERT!!!!

Comment

Looking forward to being in South Bend this weekend with my wife. I hope to meet some of you folks from the Forum. We are staying at the Comfort Suites near the fairgrounds.

Comment

The wife and i will be there friday AM - 2hr. drive + 1hr time change, so maybe late AM. we'll be in our white 61 lark cruiser.
                61 lark cruiser
                64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Working...
                X