Studebaker Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Trees

Best photo I've seen of the trees planted in 1937.
    Quite a memorial to our favorite orphan cars.

Dick Curtis
    The 1950 Champion Starlight
    Santa Barbara
    CA

A positive news story - thanks!
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

A somewhat unknow fact about the tree sign is that it can actually be seen from the ground, but only in early spring and late fall. If you are heading towards Chicago on SR.2 toward the proving ground, away from it by a few miles, it's the only pine row visible on the left side! You can only see the very tops though, and you would never know it says Studebaker.
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

I really like the strategic placement of that house.
        Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
        Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
        Lizella, GA

Comment

Originally posted by Nelsen Motorsports View Post
          I really like the strategic placement of that house.
          Alex: Do you mean the brown-roof structure in the crotch of the big letter "K"?

IIRC, that is a fancy outhouse that was added several years ago when the area beneath the trees was converted to picnic grounds within the "park" side of the complex. It wasn't there when Studebaker owned the property. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The Studebaker Trees are going to be my final resting place after cremation,I cant think of a place I would rather be. Ed

Comment

So when are we going to plant some additional pine trees to spell out "DRIVERS CLUB"?
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Speed 53 View Post
                The Studebaker Trees are going to be my final resting place after cremation,I cant think of a place I would rather be. Ed
                Very thoughtful of you, Ed: It will be good fertilizer for the trees. (Hmmm....I guess that could be taken more than one way....<GGG>) BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                X