Finally got started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got started

OK, it took me a while to get going. First had to get the little TR7 running for the summer.

This evening I started with de doors.
    The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

love the signature pic! Nice!

Comment

Thanks Eric,

It's actually a link to a slideshow of the car in the state I bought it last December. I hope to use an even better pic once I am finished with the car.

Kees

Comment

"It's actually a link to a slideshow"

Well that's COOL!

Comment

I'm not really fond of four doors, but that long nose on the 50 sure could get me thinking. Looks good , lots of luck.
          Klif
          55 Speedster/Street Machine
          63 Avanti R2
          64 Convertible R1

Comment

I looked at the slide show of the car. I Love it! Even the way the paint is today. I would just redo the inside and make it driveable and go. Beautiful.

Mark

Comment

This is a pretty nice car to start with. You have saved yourself thousands of dollars by starting with a car that is this good.
              Great choice!
              Good Roads
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

even better! I didn't even notice that before.

@klifton1: what's cool about the 4 door bullets, is that they are "suicide" doors. Gotta love that look!

Originally posted by KJongenburger View Post
                Thanks Eric,

It's actually a link to a slideshow of the car in the state I bought it last December. I hope to use an even better pic once I am finished with the car.

Kees

Comment

Jonge .jonge .dat zal een prachtige wagen worden!

Robert Kapteyn van Amsterdam

Comment

OK. Mucho Gusto! Love the slide show.
                    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet View Post
                      I looked at the slide show of the car. I Love it! Even the way the paint is today. I would just redo the inside and make it driveable and go. Beautiful.

Mark
                      Mark, I would love to do that but there is just too much paint missing on the car. The roof, the hood and all upward facing surfaces are at least partly bare. With the humidity we have here in the Netherlands the car would be gone in a few years.

Day Two:

I found a skeleton under the couch (Rear seat).

Comment

We seem to share a common find in these here cars. This is what I found in the front seat area when I pulled the '55 from its resting spot a couple years ago

The car did not have its hood, heater circuitry, or windows in place. The seats and sheetmetal were loosely stored in the car, so nothing was bolted down. I believe it to have been a raccoon or possum that crawled up through the open ventilation port for the front seat heater, pulled itself underneath the front sheetmetal stored inside the car, and that's where it died. It was something of a shock, but not a complete surprise to find it when I pulled all of the stuff out though .
                        1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
                        X