No more SB May Meets will be held…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more SB May Meets will be held…

No more SB May Meets will be held …in this the Studebaker Engineering Building.

Pictured below are Demolition Engineers, not Design Engineers, hard at work! (as of April 30, 2011)
    Last edited by Welcome; 04-30-2011, 09:01 AM.

Wow, At the rate their going at it the building will probably be gone by time I'm there for the meet May 6th & 7th. I'll miss that Studebaker building smell of vintage parts and history.

Comment

Unfortunately, somehow I had an inkling last year when all of the activity was moved to the new SI building and the fairgrounds ......
      1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Hmmm..... And just what side of the fence did you shoot that pic from, Mr Welcome? LOL
        R2Andrea

Comment

I could of went all evening without seeing that, Now Ill be going to bed with a sour stomach
          Tom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R2Andy View Post
            Hmmm..... And just what side of the fence did you shoot that pic from, Mr Welcome? LOL
            Shot THROUGH the fence with the wife's little "spy" camera ...as you call it!!!

Comment

It's the people that make the history, not the buildings. I'd much rather see the buildings torn down than languish empty and become a place for bums and vandals. Just look at Detroit and how the Packard plant has become such a negative.
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948
              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                It's the people that make the history, not the buildings. I'd much rather see the buildings torn down than languish empty and become a place for bums and vandals. Just look at Detroit and how the Packard plant has become such a negative.
                In general, I'd agree ...BUT ...that particular building was being used by an active business to house the World's Largest Inventory of Studebaker Parts!!! It was NOT languishing in an empty state ...that is until the City of South Bend's government kicked a Studebaker parts business out of one of the former Studebaker Corporation's own buildings. Makes a really big difference in this case!!!

Comment

did the city "'kick "out a parts business or did they forclose on a business deal that could not meet it's agreed upon loan payments ? While we all care about and carry on with the vehicles studebaker produced, Studebaker died in the fall of 1963. as did all the small busuiness that Studebaker up rooted when they ex[panded their SB plant over the many years. Time waits for no one especially for those that live in the past.

Comment

Retired: Amen......I think! stupak

Comment

Working...
                    X