Some Studes. survive Tornado-some don't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Studes. survive Tornado-some don't

I posted, on stove huggers, shortly after a tornado hit . To update all my Stude friends
    a bit. All my family is safe and unharmed. Can't say the same for friends and neighbors.
    My home was damaged mildly compared to a lot. Only a hole in the roof and my roofing
    gone. I will post some pictures soon. We have been without power since the storm. A
    couple of Studebaker shots:

The starliner I bought a week ago, didn't survive. Its under here.

The coupe parts car was relocated a distance across the yard with mild damage.

MY garage was damaged, but the saturday night special only recieve scratches and dirt.

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
    I posted, on stove huggers, shortly after a tornado hit . To update all my Stude friends
    a bit. All my family is safe and unharmed. Can't say the same for friends and neighbors.
    My home was damaged mildly compared to a lot. Only a hole in the roof and my roofing
    gone. I will post some pictures soon. We have been without power since the storm. A
    couple of Studebaker shots:

The coupe parts car was relocated a distance across the yard with mild damage.

MY garage was damaged, but the saturday night special only recieve scratches and dirt.

I guess the best that could be said is it could have been much worse. Sorry for the property damage and hopes for better luck.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Glad you all are OK. As much as we love our cars they can be replaced.

Comment

Hi Tex, good to see you back on the forum. And you're blessed with no injuries and a 5 year supply of fire wood. If you're lucky you'll still have some
        usable parts after you dig out. Hopefully the rest of the year will be a little calmer.

Comment

'Tough to see the pictures of the destruction, here and on the national news. Thank goodness all the family is OK and the sun came up the next morning! Best wishes. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Glad everyone is ok and you are all able to help your neighbors... Awful ordeal...

But, on the bright side... Another reason NOT to paint the 'Saturday Night Special'....
            Now it has a tornado survivor story to 'splain the paint
            Jeff

<snip>

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Tex, that tree on top of your new Starliner says it all. It can sure happen quickly and deadly this spring. The pictures from down there are horrific.

We're all happy that you and your family are safe and sound, though. My condolences to you for the loss of your friends and neighbors. Good luck with your insurance adjusters and your many future repairs.

Comment

Wow, some of the footage I saw of the damage those twisters did is unreal. Those guys were wicked monsters. Glad you're family is okay, something I hope you will never have to face again. Regards, Junior.
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

'Might set a record as to death toll.

This morning's paper said 329 confirmed deaths against a record 332 set March 1932 in tornados over Alabama. With 329 confirmed and all the "uncovering" yet to do, they may well find additional non-survivors and make this the worst on record.

'Hard to imagine that level of desctruction. So sorry to read of it. BP

Edit: Early Saturday afternoon, April 30, MSN reports death toll over 340, so a new record. Gulp.
                  Last edited by BobPalma; 04-30-2011, 09:12 AM.
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Tex; We're so glad to hear you and your family are OK and you're in a position to help neighbors and friends in worse conditions. At least you still have a house and your life. It must have been a scary moment. It's hard to relate to this type of experience when one has not been involved with a tornado. Best wishes and hug your wife and kids more often. Peace,

Frank Drumheller
                    Locust Grove, VA
                    60S-W6
                    M16-52 Boyer-bodied 1948 fire truck

Comment

Like I said over on the Stove Huggers, I am sure glad there were not injuries in your family. I certanily wish we could say that for everybody. It is heartbreaking to say the least. As far as Jeff's comments about the Midnight Special, the car does have a history doesn't it. My prayers are still with you guys as you put things back in order and with those who have done as well as you in your area (and all over the country.)
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

May God be with you and yours.
                        sigpic
                        Dave Lester

Comment

Nice, I'm not the only one drivin a tornado damaged vehicle...
                          Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                          Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                          Lizella, GA

Comment

Working...
                          X