Finally Painted Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Painted Avanti

Well, its been 5 years and oodles of work but, I finally had the Avanti painted. Didn't have time, 4 hrs, to prep and paint in class so I decided to have a local body shop do it. I purchased the paint, they used their clear. They took out front and back windows, prepped and sprayed 6 coats of base, 3 coats of clear. Needless to say, it was worth it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0420011259.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1733352

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03524.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	1733353

Now for the fun part. Putting it back together. My thanks to all of those on this site who helped me with any questions, clues, directions in getting it to this stage.

It really is the fun part. It usually takes longer than it should because you have to stand back and stare at each addition after you install it.

ErnieR

Comment

That paint job sure looks great.

Comment

Looking good!
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Looking good!!

I "know" the feeling! I painted mine in February of last year, IF all goes well tomorrow, I might just fire it up for the first time in almost 2 years! Since I changed colors from white to black, engine, trans, all the glass, doors, hood & deck lid were removed! All of this because I decided to get the interior trim panels redone by Jim Lawrence @ FBN upholstery, started to put them back in, and decided the rest of the car looked like crappola!
          Now I'm still looking for some of the "smaller" parts!

jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Has to be a pround moment in a projects time line.
            As I approach paint myself I would think all is down hill after the color is laid down.

Your car looks much better in that color than Primer Grey
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X