63 Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Daytona

Someone asked about the Daytona I'm building for a driver - here it is.

63 Daytona Zero-time 259, balanced Edelbrock 1406 on aftermarket aluminum intake manifold (heater ports blocked) mild cam Powershift Turner brakes all around TT with flanged axles 64 dash custom fit black paint on dash panel, SW tach AM/FM/CD/MP3 player with iPod input Speakers rear deck & custom kick panel Electric fuel pump Daytona trim deleted all holes metal filled, no bondo Avanti white.

It's the last one I'll build for a while, and this one I'll keep. I may add AC to it at some point, but it's built to be dependable, comfortable and solid.

It's probably sacrilegious, but I never liked the trim on these cars so I deleted it. Same with the Stude lettering on the trunk, but I'll probably put the Studebaker script from a 53 back there just so people know what they're following.

I'll take some good pictures after it's finished and I get the shop dust washed off it.
    Attached Files

I'm with you on the '63 side trim.
    '62 I like, '63 not.

Comment

Might want to re-tighten that upper radiator hose.

Really, though- it's a beauty. They always look good in white.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I never really thought about what these cars would look like without the side trim. I like it. You can really see the earlier lark heritage. Sweet ride.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

NICE!!!! Have fun driving it, soon it looks like.....

Comment

Nothing custom fit about a 64-66 dash in a 63 I put one in my 63 standard back in 1990 just a lot nicer than the 63 dash and by all means better than one put in a standard.. and sure do like the standard styling when it comes to exterior trim none, nothing, zellish,

Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Working...
            X