1964 Stude Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Stude Daytona

This is just a general question has any one out there seen a 64 Daytona 2 door hard top with a 289, 3 speed auto with a floor shift, power steering, manual brakes, prestolite alternator and distributor, with just 7,700 miles on it. ive been completely stumped by this car it was factory a metallic green with a black interior and white and black spotted headliner. My father has owned the car for many years he restored it back in the early 90's and I did yet again after sitting in our garage for 12 years for my Senior project in high school in 2005 and i love to drive it here in NH i was wondering if anyone has seen or knows of another daytona like this im very interested.

Why would it have needed to be restored twice with only 7700 original miles on it? The next thing to find out is if it has an R-series engine? Does it have R1 badges, a 4V carb, dual exhausts and chrome valve covers?

Originally posted by blk87chvy View Post
    This is just a general question has any one out there seen a 64 Daytona 2 door hard top with a 289, 3 speed auto with a floor shift, power steering, manual brakes, prestolite alternator and distributor, with just 7,700 miles on it. ive been completely stumped by this car it was factory a metallic green with a black interior and white and black spotted headliner. My father has owned the car for many years he restored it back in the early 90's and I did yet again after sitting in our garage for 12 years for my Senior project in high school in 2005 and i love to drive it here in NH i was wondering if anyone has seen or knows of another daytona like this im very interested.
    edp/NC
    \'63 Avanti
    \'66 Commander

Comment

I've been to Sunapee many times and the only Studebaker I've ever seen there was mine.
      Maybe next time yours will be on display at the harbor.

Bill
      Bill Foy
      1000 Islands, Ontario
      1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

It does not have an R Series engine that i know of the numers dont match what my service manual says and did not have R series badges when my father bought the car it was completely dissasembled it has a 4v carb and had dual exhaust but painted valve covers. and the car needed to be restored the second time because it was driven for 3 days in a New Hampshire winter and then parked in a heated garage. I replaced the front fenders with NOS and aftermarket rocker panels the rest of the sheet metal work was hand made panels.

Comment

I accually ran into an older gentleman last fall in Sunapee that was driving a 50's president i cannot remember his name but he gave me a bunch of information on the drivers club and and got me into gear on my differnt by design car and yes my little red hot rod loves to cruise the harbor. i hope to see your wagonaire there.

Comment

Interesting...get the engine ID from the top, front end of cylinder block and we can determine exactly what you've got. It sounds like a very interesting little vehicle.

Originally posted by blk87chvy View Post
            It does not have an R Series engine that i know of the numers dont match what my service manual says and did not have R series badges when my father bought the car it was completely dissasembled it has a 4v carb and had dual exhaust but painted valve covers. and the car needed to be restored the second time because it was driven for 3 days in a New Hampshire winter and then parked in a heated garage. I replaced the front fenders with NOS and aftermarket rocker panels the rest of the sheet metal work was hand made panels.
            edp/NC
            \'63 Avanti
            \'66 Commander

Comment

Welcome to the Studebaker Drivers Club and the SDC Forum blk87!
              Your '64 Daytona sounds like a neat one, but any Lark or Hawk could be ordered with the Avanti "Power Shift" Automatic Trans. starting in late year model 1963, they all are H.D. with the Oil Cooling lines and floor shifter, a Great setup! They would usually also have the Bucket Seat and Console option, and could have been ordered with a 289, 2 or 4 Barrel and Dual Exhausts.

Comment

Working...
              X