Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude in Canadian TV ad

Watching tube last night.
    An ad comes on for what turns out to be the Saskatchewan oil recycling something or other.

Guy changing oil in his garage and then throws the old stuff down the storm drain, don't do that is the message.

But in the background, in the garage, not the car he's working on, is a nice looking 52? 2dr hardtop by the looks of it, 2 tone green i think.

So keep your eyes open.

That's a 52 Champion Starliner - two tone green. I've seen the commercials too- it's an alberta car I think- it's unique because it has painted rims and small dog-dish hubcaps.
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Here is a link to the video: http://www.usedoilrecycling.com/en/sk scroll to the bottom of the page.

Comment

Yep thats the one, pretty car.

Comment

Beautiful - the garage and the car. I'll take either.
          Heck even the mustang looks OK.

Comment

Used oil works really good poured along a fence to keep the weeds from growing !!!! (just kidding) My 61 Studebaker I drove during college burned so much oil, I never had to change it. It used it at the rate of about 1 Qt burned up every 100 miles. I always keep a case of the cheapest 50 wt I could find in the trunk. I eventually gave it a valve job and put new rings on the pistons .... that little OHV six was like a brand new motor after that.
            sigpic
            John
            63R-2386
            Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Seems like most '52 hardtops were two-tone green.
              I had a straight six Rambler that used about a quart every 100 miles or so.
              I never worried about changing the oil on it either.
              Bought it for $250. Put 10,000 miles on it and sold it for $300.
              After all the oil, I might not have made any money ?
              That engine ran great though.
              Smooth as a sewing machine.

Comment

Working...
              X