mbstude
04-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Keep 'em in your prayers.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk179/1959S2D/myer2.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk179/1959S2D/myer3.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk179/1959S2D/Myer.jpg

53commander
04-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Heartbreaking pictures. I hope no one was hurt.

DEEPNHOCK
04-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Some serious tree damage, but at least it wasn't all flattened.
Hang tough!
Jeff:cool:

woodysrods
04-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Was the 56 Golden hawk damaged or a near miss on it an the Avanti??
Brian

barnlark
04-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Holy Cow, I can't believe it. I heard that it was bad down there and the winds came up north very strongly after that, but that's horrible damage, unlike here. That's Jon's truck between the house and the parts building. The rest of the damage looks like the buildings by the river. They really got hit hard. Sad. I hope they are all okay.

Mr Speed 53
04-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Just talked to John on monday,hope they are all ok! Sorry to see this happen to them. Ed

BobPalma
04-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Oh, Crap, Jo, Betty, and Mike. Geeze, we all hate seeing that. 'Glad no one was hurt (at least there's no mention of that). All the best. BP

Studedude
04-20-2011, 09:35 PM
People first! I hope and pray all are uninjured, and healthy!

okc63avanti... John... do you know if your car was damaged?

This will be a set-back in so many ways, for so many folks, my thoughts and prayers are with them all, in every way.

mbstude
04-20-2011, 09:37 PM
I just got an email from Linda. Everyone is apparently okay and contractors will be doing the clean up. They're still working and will still be having their Tech Meet.

3x2stude
04-20-2011, 09:54 PM
I wish the Myers group all the best in their recovery. They have been so helpful to me.

Regards,

Jon Kammer

okc63avanti
04-20-2011, 10:50 PM
People first! I hope and pray all are uninjured, and healthy!

okc63avanti... John... do you know if your car was damaged?

This will be a set-back in so many ways, for so many folks, my thoughts and prayers are with them all, in every way.

Dave,

Just saw this thread and I have no idea, although as I read it I was thinking more about Jon, Betty, Linda and Mike they are like family. I'm not worried about the car, at the end of the day its only metal and fiberglass.

Matt, thanks for the post that they are OK .... I'm relieved to hear it. I'll be going to Ohio for the Tech Meet as I've had my reservations made and plane ticket since January.

Warren Webb
04-21-2011, 12:59 AM
I went over to Jon's a few weeks after the Northridge earthquake back in the 90's. Then Jon told me how all his shelves were thrown one on another & the work it took to upright them & place all those parts back where they belonged. This is like getting struck by lightning twice! Glad they are all ok, but I feel for them having to cleanup all this again. All our thoughts & sympathy from the Webb's to the Myer's.

Bob Andrews
04-21-2011, 04:22 AM
How scary that must have been! A bad thing that happened to good people.

Whenever we're fighting a stretch of heavy snowstorms I try to remember tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, and fires, and how we have almost never been affected by any of those here.

All the best to the Myers.

edpjr
04-21-2011, 07:45 AM
I'll 2nd that!

I wish the Myers group all the best in their recovery. They have been so helpful to me.

Regards,

Jon Kammer

Studegirl
04-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Me and the kids went to my parents yesterday after school. EVERYONE is OKAY. The weather service says this was "just" downbursts and straight line winds. Dad's Escalade is totalled, but no customer's cars were hurt or damaged. The Avanti and Hawk under the tree in back were parts cars. The Tech Meet is still on and we will probably be spending Easter weekend helping them clean up. I took some pictures that I will try and post. They still do not have power or phone service in the business, but do have power in the house.

sbca96
04-21-2011, 11:12 AM
I went over to Jon's a few weeks after the Northridge earthquake back in the 90's.

I will take earthquakes over tornadoes, hurricanes and snow anyday! Their parts
cars look better then some of my daily drivers! Glad to hear everyone is OK.

Tom

plwindish
04-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Glad to here everyone is ok. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Myers family to be able to soon get back to normal operation.

StudeDave57
04-21-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm glad to hear everyone is okay. Let's wish Jon, Betty, Mike and Linda a quick recovery, and a successful Tech Meet.
I remember seeing pictures of this place before the 'BIG' move even started.
I worried more about that river in the backyard then the weather!!!

JRoberts
04-21-2011, 01:50 PM
As has already said by so many, these pictures are heartbreaking. My prayers are with Jon, Betty, Mike and Linda for as painless a cleanup as possible.

Flashback
04-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to this family. I "think" I met them at the SDC Southeast zone meet.
I didn't know who some of the people were I met.. Sorry

tbredehoft
04-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Jon had about two seconds on Columbus News last night at 11:00. He was in good spirits, joking about the tree that mashed the building. Of course he was wearing his red and black checked shirt.

doug
04-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Jon & Betty - Glad no one was hurt. Looks like a huge supply of firewood is available. Jon, I retired from American last summer.

Doug

okc63avanti
04-21-2011, 07:56 PM
I spoke with Mike this morning. Everyone was uninjured and he keep saying it could of been worst a lot worst. Being from Oklahoma we are accustom to the danger and have seen the damage and lost of life they cause. I'm so glad they are OK. The one barn-garage with the damage and tree through it is where Mike and Jon store their project cars and none of their customer's cars. Michael's main restoration shop was safe and all customer's cars were spared any damage. Although their house lost shingles and the siding and stuff on Jon's parts building received damage they had plastic up and all the damage covered as additional rain is in the forecast. They are moving ahead with plans for Tech Meet and I will get to see them next week.

As much as one gets attached to our Studebaker cars and the hobby, I was more concerned about Mike, Linda, Jon and Betty because they have become like family to me over the course of these last two years as they have worked on my car.

Thank God they were not hurt and as Mike said .... it could have been worst.

starliner62
04-21-2011, 08:06 PM
I met Mike and Jon at the southeast zone meet. I really enjoyed the conversation with Jon about brand X stuff (old Ford parts). That reminds me, I need to call him about some Ford power steering stuff. I think I'll wait until things settle down for them. Thanks goodness no one was hurt.

barnlark
04-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Me and the kids went to my parents yesterday after school. EVERYONE is OKAY.
Thanks for the update, Michelle. So glad everyone is okay and safe without injury. Buildings can always be fixed! Sure looks like a microburst. What a mess! Those winds whipped up here that night, too. Nasty ones. Could have been worse, that's for sure.

For those who haven't seen what it should look like there in Duncan Falls when it's not under a storm siege, here are some pics of one of their past tech meets:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN1626.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN1641.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN1627.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN1637.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN1655.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN1701.jpg

I think the trees in the far end of this photo below are some of the culprits that ended up in the one building.
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN1696.jpg

Jon & Betty
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN1965.jpg

Studegirl
04-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Thanks Dave for the "before" pictures. The large tree on the left side of the third picture is the one that took out the garage behind the house. It can also be seen in the 4th picture with the garage. In your sixth picture looking toward the front of the property, you can see the blue house across the street with the large tree next to it, that tree also fell onto that house and everyone there was okay too. Mom said they were outside with flashlights about 4:00 that morning checking on each other. If you remember, there is a cemetary behind that blue house with a long driveway lined with huge pine trees, every one of those pines was either uprooted or broken off, along with many grave markers being knocked over, the front part of the cementary dates back to the 1800s. A hood from one of the parts Avantis in the very back of Dad's property was found behind the cemetary in the high school track stadium. It completely destroyed several sets of bleachers at the track stadium. Pretty nasty stuff indeed. We are all so thankful no one was hurt, it definitely could have been a lot worse.

Studegirl
04-22-2011, 10:13 AM
I spoke with my Mom this morning and she said thank you to everyone for the good thoughts, well wishes and prayers. They now have power throughout the house and business and as of 8:00 this morning the business phones were working and ringing. The Avanti is out from under the tree branch and the tree branch is out of the garage and everything is tarped and protected from the rain we are getting now and through the weekend. Mike is directing repairs and has had tons of help from friends getting everything cleaned up and hopes to be working on cars as soon as tomorrow. We will be spending Easter Sunday with them and should be able to relax and let Grandma and Papaw enjoy their grandkids. Thanks again to everyone for all the concern and good wishes!

okc63avanti
04-22-2011, 10:48 AM
We will be spending Easter Sunday with them and should be able to relax and let Grandma and Papaw enjoy their grandkids. Thanks again to everyone for all the concern and good wishes!

Have a great weekend Michelle, see you at the Tech Meet.

ClaymoreWW
04-22-2011, 03:08 PM
When is that meet? I've been to Myers a couple times with my dad. Maybe I should drive down there, visit my mom and dad and then get on to the tech meet with my dad.

--george

tbredehoft
04-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Yeah, George, why don't you do that. Its on April 30th. I think we could probably find a room for you overnight, too.

barnlark
04-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Let's hope it stops raining for the repairs by April 30th, Tom. The forecast is for rain all weekend and next week up here. Dismal and cold. I hope it's a much better forecast in Muskingum County that weekend. We don't even have leaves or blossoms out yet.

Talked to Betty this afternoon after their phones finally came back on line. They are counting their blessings and say thanks to everyone for their many thoughts, as Michelle mentioned. She sounded relieved that the damage was somewhat minimal to the heart of the property. Also sounds like a good old fashioned country village work force in action down there. She said she's staying out of the way, they're serious! Good luck with the rebuilding process to all the Myer clan.

tbredehoft
04-22-2011, 10:16 PM
I just checked ten-day weather, Scattered showers or Thunder showers every day but Sat, the 30th. Its scheduled for 65 deg and partly sunny. Of course, we all know how accurate any given weather forecast is.

silverhawk
04-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Glad to hear everyone is ok :) My prayers are with them for a fast and easy clean up and repair jobs :D

(Seeing all those Avanti's laying around is killing me though, parts car or not......)