1964 cruiser goes to the prom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 cruiser goes to the prom

just got the photos of the daughter of a dear friend going off to the prom last night in our 64 cruiser. turned out to be the hit of the day as all the guys made a bigger fuss over the cruiser than they did over their dates. well i guess at 47 she is still the belle of the ball
    Attached Files

That's a great way to get exposure for Studebakers with the younger crowd. My hat's off to you!
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
      That's a great way to get exposure for Studebakers with the younger crowd. My hat's off to you!
      I'm with Paul. Great-looking photo and car...I like Bermuda Brown!
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Very good; well done. Congrats. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I never went to a prom when I was in high school. Last Sunday, we went to a prom at the local high school. It was called a Senior Senior Prom. You had to be over 60 to attend.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

the idea was to have the girls show up in a "statement" car compared to all the other "regular" cars and it did exactly that but you guys are right it did expose a whole new generation to the world of studebakers. we have gotten about 20 emails forwarded to us from friends wanting to know about the cruiser and studebakers.

Comment

Now this is fantastic. Let's see my granddaughter is 7 so the senior prom should be in 10 years.....I wonder I can have my Cruiser looking that good in ten years?

Gary what Studebaker did you drive to your Prom?
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Long ago I took a Studebaker to my prom, or I should say the grand-daughter of a Studebaker! My Hawk wasn't quite prom ready.

Guess since I also have a Bermuda Brown '64 Cruiser, I need to be aware of opportunities like this. I love having people see my car doing what it was designed for, and there are few better ways.

Comment

I skipped my Senior Prom to attend a Stude meet. I think I made the right choice as driving that Lark R2 4 speed is something that still makes me grin.

Comment

Drove my 61 to Prom, but I will NOT be sharing the picture's....
                    Spent all day cleaning, waxing.
                    Think there were more laughs than thumbs up,
                    as all the limo's drove through the parking lot of the Arrowhead Club
                    (KC Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium)
                    Whipper snappers with no classic car appreciation LOL

Hope the kids had a great time, nothing draws more attention than a classic
                    car driven by young drivers.
                    And if they had been eating out at a restaurant the same time I was: I would have
                    bought their dinner.
                    Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 04-17-2011, 06:30 AM. Reason: fix their to there
                    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Great picture. I love it. Never went to my prom but if i had i'd want be in that!

Being totally new to Studebakers, is it a land cruiser? have I got that right?

Comment

I drove my Avanti to my high school senior prom (1965 ) If I hurry and finish it's restoration, again as a senior I will be able to drive it to my first appointment at the Social Security office.

Bob Caser
                        mrbobinc

Comment

Originally posted by Starliner Steph View Post
                          Great picture. I love it. Never went to my prom but if i had i'd want be in that!
                          Being totally new to Studebakers, is it a land cruiser? have I got that right?
                          Welcome to the SDC Forum Steph, if you are referring to commander56's '64 Cruiser, no it is not a Land Cruiser, the post-war Land Cruisers were built from 1947 to 1954 part of the Commander Line. The "Cruisers" were a continuation of the Land Cruiser long wheelbase, ultra luxury, "Limosette" idea, having large back seat area, fold-down rear arm rests, and opening rear "vent" windows. But they were built on the "Lark Type" body in later years, 1961 to 1966.

Here is the last model year of Land Cruiser, a '54:
                          Last edited by (S); 04-17-2011, 10:07 AM.

Comment

"The GREEN ZONE is for parking and photographing of Studebakers only-

all others must park in the rear or risk be towed at owner's expense"
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                            SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC
                            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Not a prom, but I loaned a nice GT Hawk to a Naval Academy midshipman's "Ring dance"
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X