PDA

View Full Version : Shameless eBay Promotion

Chris Collins
04-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Had to re-list the Cruiser, and also listed a couple of parts from the ol' garage floor:

http://tinyurl.com/3WZ5XDR

Chris Collins
Atlanta, GA
63 Avanti R2
66 Cruiser

2R5
04-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Wasn't this Cruiser just on ebay a week or so ago ?

(S)
04-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Be careful of that Avanti 3.07 Traction Bar TT Axle, it is one like the TWO Dad has that the condition is very questionable, apparently the always conservative N&A sold all of the line "rejects" that had a bolt head broken on purpose by Studebaker to I. D. them, and then cleverly puttied up to hide the holes. They were on Sale of course for about $125.00 in 1979.

Mark57
04-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Wasn't this Cruiser just on ebay a week or so ago ?

Bob, I think that's why Chris says "Had to re-list the Cruiser"... :p:rolleyes:

On a non- Smart A** note, it's sure nice to see a very detailed listing with the good and bad about the car - I know sevral folks do a great job of preparing listings, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that appreciates the honest details. :)

Chris Collins
04-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Do you know in what way the ones your father has are out of spec / defective?

Thanks, Chris Collins

(S)
04-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Sorry, they are like your's, never run yet, also they are DRY. But as I said "be careful' because we know Studebaker would not deliberatetly break all those bolts, all the same and then N&A hide the hole with sealer for no reason at all, so they need to be disassembled to determine what it is, but these turn very hard, so if I had to guess I'd say it's in the Clutch pack.