Thank You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You!

no questions this morning. Just wanted to wish a cheery spring (on this hemisphere :-) morning to my fellow Stude lovers, and a big THANK YOU to all you more-experienced restorers out there, who are always so quick to reply and help the rest of us out with what must be tiring and mundane (and repeated?) questions.
    Thanks! I for one am very appreciative!
    Barry

May I be the first to second that emotion.
    Cliff
    54 Commander Coupe driver
    53 Commander Hardtop project
    SE Washington State

Comment

ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      1948 M15A-20 Flatbed Truck Rescue
      See rescue progress here on this blog:
      http://studem15a-20.blogspot.com/

Comment

I agree with those above. It's great to have a place like this where we can come together and learn from those with more experience. I would go so far as to argue that without this site, there are a good number of Studebakers that might never make it back onto the road.
        '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Thank You!

An expression we often overlook. Yesterday, while waiting my turn at the local DMV, I noticed a very long time female license examiner manning the information desk. I took the time to go up to her and tell her that I needed to thank her. She glanced up with a rather puzzled look and said, Well...OK, but what for?

I told her that several years ago, she had given me a driver test for my motorcycle license. That involved her having to go out and set up all the cones in the parking lot for the obstacle course. Being that I had over 30 years of experience riding bikes, I thought I would breeze through the course. (Of course, no bike I had ever owned was as huge as the one I was taking the test on.)

That day, I embarrassed myself and she failed me on the test. I explained that due to her failing me, I enrolled in a motorcycle safety program and at the end excelled in the test and got my motorcycle endorsement on my license. One of the best decisions I ever made and prompted by her. She was very gracious as she thanked me for thanking her.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
          X