Anyone here near Hamilton, IL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here near Hamilton, IL?

Hi guys and gals, I have once again bought a "pig in a poke" as they say here in the south and need to find someone to either pick the truck up and store it for me or reccommend a towing facility with secure storage. It would even be helpful to have someone look at the truck up close and personal for me before I start after it. Thanks, Steve
    sigpic

Way too far south for me. Maybe someone in or near Evansville,Indiana??
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Wow! Just read your other thread about the truck- There's 2 Hamilton Illinois!! Both same spelling. This one is still a long jog for me though.. BTW the 'other' Hamilton is waay south of me and just east of Evansville In...
      truck drivers love these kind of things!
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

You think 2 Hamilton's are bad. Check and see how many Fairview's there are in Tennessee.

Comment

I live in Southern Illinois. Hamilton is still about 300 miles north, but if you need it picked up and moved closer to you, I'd be willing. We have room for it outside for a while.
          Jim
          Often in error, never in doubt
          http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

I watched the truck sell this afternoon. When they said it went to an Internet bidder in SC I wondered if it was you.
            The rear tires hold air but are very poor. In the bed of the truck are two replacement tires which need to be mounted on the rims.
            They drove the truck from a field outside through the auction ring. Mechanically it seemed fine but you will find bondo in the body. The floor boards have had patches welded in place and the workmanship looks good.

Comment

Way to go Steve!! More Studebakers for the Carolinas.........good deal. Or as BP would say, "Cool beans!"
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Thanks guys, I have arranged storage until the 18th. Hopefully I can get it picked up by then. I have a call in to Pegs but I remember reading that she is moving and will be closed for a while so I might need another shipper. Thanks again, Steve
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by herbpcpa View Post
                  I watched the truck sell this afternoon. When they said it went to an Internet bidder in SC I wondered if it was you.
                  The rear tires hold air but are very poor. In the bed of the truck are two replacement tires which need to be mounted on the rims.
                  They drove the truck from a field outside through the auction ring. Mechanically it seemed fine but you will find bondo in the body. The floor boards have had patches welded in place and the workmanship looks good.
                  Thanks Herb. Please check your PMs. Thanks, Steve
                  sigpic

Comment

Took you long enough to place that last bid,, it was me and Pops that you were bidding against.

Truck is fairly solid, bed floor is a little beatup, not much rust. Nice truck for the money and you were lucky that the shop rent was due or I'd be the one braggin.....

At least its not gonna get cut up to make something stupid.
                    Last edited by Da Tinman; 04-05-2011, 09:36 PM.
                    http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Da Tinman View Post
                      Took you long enough to place that last bid,, it was me and Pops that you were bidding against.

Truck is fairly solid, bed floor is a little beatup, not much rust. Nice truck for the money and you were lucky that the shop rent was due or I'd be the one braggin.....

At least its not gonna get cut up to make something stupid.
                      So You're the ones! Knowing nothing about the truck made it a little hard to pull the trigger but hopefully I will come out OK on this deal. Steve
                      sigpic

Comment

Wolfie; i am having unhealty heart problems at the present and am not quite up to hauling it for you at the present, I live around 30 mil;es fromHamilton Ill in West pOINT , IA. i DO HAVE INSIDE STORAGE AT NO COST TO YOU IF YOU WOULD LIKE, UNTILL nov. if you can get it to my place,i am 6 hours from Springfield Mo.,four lane ninety per cent of the way,been a sdc member 21 frs. glad to be of asistance if i can help you.Bring your trailor to the meet and haul it home. MAC. email or call (319) 837-6505

Comment

Working...
                        X