Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C-Body vent windows, chrome or stainless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-Body vent windows, chrome or stainless?

I am talking about the metal frame that the glass is mounted directly in for the door vents and the rear side glass for 53-61 C-bodies. Did any years use stainless instead of chrome? My glass needs replaced and if I could change the marginal chrome to stainless it would be sweet.

Jon Kammer

chrome over steel is all I have seen.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

My experience as well.
      Ask Jerry Forrester to give you a price on those; a worthwhile investment.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

"I have both painted and chromed steel. No stainless????
        Good Roads
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

They came in three varieties. painted, chromed steel, and stainless. I found a pair w/ stainless for my '55 coupe (originals were painted black) Not sure what years used them but stainless are the least common.

nate
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Nate,

I'll take you at your word on the painted / chrome / stainless. Do you have any suggestions on who to contact on what years used stainless? Do you still have the car with the stainless ones? I would bet there may be some controversy on this. I would love to have one that is stainless and have it tested with a "Niton Gun". It will tell you weather it is a SS or carbon steel and even tell you the alloy. We don't have one at work but I have inspection people in often that do and I could finagle a test. Let me know.

Jon Kammer

Comment

Working...
            X