55 Regal Coupe Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 Regal Coupe Trim

Does anyone make a kit of all the mounting tabs,or does anyone know what might work?
    This is the stainless moldings, not the pot metal.

I'm also looking for the cowl piece between the wipers if someone has a decent one they'd part with.

Thanks

S.I. sells a complete kit for your car.Centre piece is often seen on ebay, or pm Bob Petersen. Nice car.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
      S.I. sells a complete kit for your car.Centre piece is often seen on ebay, or pm Bob Petersen. Nice car.
      Thanks for the SI info, I didn't see that in the catalog, I'll have to look harder.

I've never seen the cowl piece on ebay and I've been looking.
      Bob says no.

I see you're from Barrie, do you know Peter C.?

Comment

There are Peter Cs that are lawyers. Is there a Peter C with a Stude?? My 55 HT has pot metal on the cowl pieces, but I did score some stainless for a coupe. I'll check the inventory. Stainless is easier to repair and we have people in the club that can work miracles. Give me a day. I'll search on the week-end. Cheers!

Comment

There are Peter Cs that are lawyers. Is there a Peter C with a Stude??
          Yes, quite a Stude at that, he has a 53, pale yellow, runs about 174 mph at loring and maxton.

Comment

Passed within two feet of him on the lakeshore one Saturday morning. We were both surprised at the other's presence and got a waive in. Nice 53!

Comment

Peter drives that beautiful '53 to Maxton, towing a trailer with the race stuff in it, races, goes fast and drives back to Ontario. Great guy.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I had a good look at the SI catalog and did not see clips for the regal coupe trim. Lots of other clips but not those.
                Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Comment

John,

Below is some info I got from Jerry Forrester. SI had three of them and I have not had a chance to check the all out. I bought one of each and they put them all in the same bag so I am still trying to sort out which is which. Two look correct for sure. PM me and I can send photos to you. I need to send photos to SI anyway to get the part numbers sorted out.

Jon Kammer

The belt line on the cowl on a '55 is stainless, so if you keep the potmetal on the cowl it's not going to match the stainless belt line on the door. The mounting holes for the stainless and pot metal molding clips on the cowl are the same, location and size. The clips (6 required. Part #308504) go onto the stainless molding and nuts secures them to the cowl.
                  All the belt line moldings and the moldings around the side windows on the '55 'C' are stainless and are unique to the '55 'C' body.
                  All these clips are fastened to the body and doors with sheet metal screws and the molding snaps onto the clips with the exception of the top of door, connector and front of door. These clips are put into the stainless and screws come from the body side of the door to secure the molding.

Door & rear quarter belt line molding clips. 10 required. Part #308551
                  Upper door molding connector clips. 2 required. part #308505
                  Front of door and top of door molding clips. 12 required. Part #308474
                  Rear side window molding clips (top). 2 required. Part #311276
                  Rear side window molding clips (vertical). 4 required. Part # 311275

I wont swear these numbers are correct, but I think so.
                  Last edited by Jerry Forrester; 09-16-2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: content
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Found it!!!!!! I have your centre piece, Johnod! No dents and even three clips still on it. I'll PM you and you can send shipping details. Get her done.

Comment

Found it!!!!!! I have your centre piece, Johnod! No dents and even three clips still on it. I'll PM you and you can send shipping details. Get her done.
                      Thanks Dave, PM sent.

Comment

The piece is straight. but nit very shiny/ take charge

Comment

The piece is straight. but nit very shiny/ take charge
                          I can polish it up, no problem.

Comment

Thanks, John. Peter just emailed me and I think we'll have two Bob Bourke sculptures gracing the streets of Barrie. That's a bit of an inside Barrie joke. The local gallerie spent thousands of dollars for some Rodan sculptures (the Thinker?), that never materialized. They want art? We gots art! Thanks for the assist

Comment

Great Dave,he just got in touch with me as well, apparently he just got back from Maxton.
                              Picture will be required.

Comment

Working...
                              X