Studebaker Bros. ads, mention of Electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Bros. ads, mention of Electrics

I thought there might be a few people who would find these ads from 1902 & 05 interesting. The Colonial Surrey ad mentions the Electrics, "With the first breath of milder weather there comes the strong desire to be out-of-doors and to greet Spring along the highways... The Studebaker Electric Automobile is also deserving of the most careful consideration by those who are seeking for a practical horseless carriage."

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker Style.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1733196 Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker Colonial Surrey.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1733197
    These are reduced as they are quite large. If one wishes to read them, just double click on the thumbnail.
    Last edited by studeclunker; 03-26-2011, 01:26 PM.
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Doesn't seem to be a thumbnail, Ron.

Comment

You forget, my friend, that I'm on dial-up. Sometimes it takes more time than other times to get things to work properly. Today is one of the slooooower days. The thumbnails will now work.
      Last edited by studeclunker; 03-26-2011, 01:20 PM. Reason: remove sig. line
      Ron Smith

Comment

Ron, thanks for posting. I love to look at the old horse drawn ads including the ones from the transitional era. I have a 1952 centennial publication that has many of these old ads.

This post reminded me of something I saw years ago. It has been so long that I'm no longer sure if it really existed or was something I imagined. It was a catalog of Studebaker horse drawn vehicles. Not only did it show carriages, buggy and farm wagons. It included industrial vehicles such as dump wagons with mechanical gearing for operating the dump mechanism and street sweepers, horse drawn street washers and other specialty vehicles. It was a rather thick catalog about 6 X 8 inches if I remember correctly.

Has anyone else seen such a catalog? Or did I just dream it?
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

That's the 1911 Studebaker Trade catalogue. It's about fifty-five dollars after shipping from Wild Horse Books. They have another slightly smaller book for a bit less that also has a nearly complete collection of their offerings. I don't recall that either of these books even mentions the electrics.
          Ron Smith

Comment

Ron,
            Thank you for posting the ads. I never get tired of reading and looking at Studebaker ads.
            Also Thank you for the heads up about Wild Horse Books. Looks like I'll be ordering more books.
            Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO

Comment

Here's another one. It features a Wagonette Break:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker Brake in Chicago.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1667776

That's the Chicago office in the background.

The day has gone by when it was considered necessary to have a brake, or other special type of vehicle built to order. In the stock shown at any of the Studebaker trans-continental chain of repositories may be seen almost every type of conveyance in use to-day-- Each with appropriate harness and accessories...

The Studebaker Electric Automobile is a practical auto-vehicle which has proved itself thoroghly satisfactory for use in city or country. It is clean, slient and requires no expert mechanical knowledge to operate.
              Last edited by studeclunker; 03-27-2011, 10:24 PM.
              Ron Smith

Comment

Here is one that I put up a couple of years ago..........

Comment

Working...
                X