Avanti Hood Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Hood Needed

I'm planning some further modifications to the 83 Avanti that will present hood clearance issues, so I'm looking for a Hood to modify to provide that clearance.

It obviously does not need to be and I prefer it not to be in pristine condition. So if you know of one that is available please PM me.

Thanks, Bob

Probably not what you are looking for, but I have an NOS frame and top skin - need to be bonded and finished to make a hood.

Comment

When I was talking with John Metzger the other week at the LA Winter meet, he mentioned that the Avanti had 3 different hoods. Yours being an 83 would have had the later one. My Avanti has the first. It has a side to side brace underneath that prevents the use of a dual master cylinder. The second version eliminated that brace & I believe the hood prop was moved to the right side then also. The third version had different rear corners that were more rounded. Cars built with this hood cannot use the early type.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
        When I was talking with John Metzger the other week at the LA Winter meet, he mentioned that the Avanti had 3 different hoods. Yours being an 83 would have had the later one. My Avanti has the first. It has a side to side brace underneath that prevents the use of a dual master cylinder. The second version eliminated that brace & I believe the hood prop was moved to the right side then also. The third version had different rear corners that were more rounded. Cars built with this hood cannot use the early type.
        Thanks Warren, I'll be sure to keep those differences in mind as I look.

Bob

Comment

You wouldn't be planning to install a Paxton Blower, would you? If so, I have an 83 with a second "gunsight" which a PO has grafted on the hood's passenger side. The thing was added to cover the top 1" or so that the Paxton protruded through the hood. I really would prefer to sell the blower, mounting gear and oil cooler, then replace the 305 with a decent 350 and replace the hood with an unmodified one.

Comment

PM sent. doug

Comment

Working...
            X