56 dash into a 53

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 dash into a 53

I hope , maybe next winter to change the dash in my car (Champ), to the prettier, ( IMHO) 56 dash.
    I've got the dash, have 2 in fact, my understanding is there is a brace/mount that runs from one side of car to the other which the bottom of dash mounts to.

Any body have a spare they'd like to get rid of?

Or could somone scan the manual so i can see what it looks like, if i have to make one.
    I only have the 53-4 manual myself.

Thanks

Dad's '54 has this mod~ very cool indeed!!!!
    (he used a Golden Hawk dash)
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I have one, but it goes with a dash I have for sale. I will try and take a picture tomorrow
      if you don't get any info.

Comment

My 53 coupe has a 63 dash, very nice and fits right in place, I might have an extra lower bracket.

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

I see you used GT Hawk door panels too, I guess you just cut the tops down? Did the clip holes all line up or did you have to get coupe boards (or punch new holes) to make it work right?

I'm thinking of using GT panels in my '55 coupe because I still can't find the few pieces of trim I need to make this work.

thanks

nate
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I've had the same idea of GT Hawk door panels.I'd like to hear more about it.I was lost on the previous post about cutting down the door panels but now I realize K panels would have to be altered in a C door.Is the GT hawk panel a direct fit for early K body? Bob

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
              My 53 coupe has a 63 dash, very nice and fits right in place, I might have an extra lower bracket.

Please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                I have one, but it goes with a dash I have for sale. I will try and take a picture tomorrow
                if you don't get any info.
                Thanks that would be a help.

Comment

Oh! now we opened up a can of worms, since I did not do the job but got the car this way I am not sure , I can take a look and see if I can get some better pictures...Bob
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Working...
                  X