Looking For An NOS / Perfect Front Hawk Hood Grill and a Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For An NOS / Perfect Front Hawk Hood Grill and a Question

Before I send my grill out to be rechromed I fiqured I'd ask...Anyone have a NOS Hood Grill for a 61 Hawk? I am looking for perfection. By the way I have noticed the rear of the grill bars are actually black, with only the front part chromed.
    Is it possible to duplicate that? Should I attempt that or just chrome the entire thing?
    Thanks.

Based upon looking at what it costs to get "perfection" these days, I'd consider buying the best used one out there. The chrome on those grilles was pretty thick and since they were made heavier than the hubs of hell, it takes a head-on collision to break one. I've got three on the shelf. I'll look to determine if there is one I'd take to a show.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

I believe the part you described as black should be grey. I had my grill rechromed and painted the rear area. Was not real difficult, after rechrome you tape off the front rub it and seal all edges. Then spray the color you want from backside turnining grille all four sides. Let dry, then just use a Qtip with solvent to remove any overspray. Took me less than 5 hours...... start to finish on the paint.
      It is an addiction!

Comment

Nothing nos but have about 20 of them , even have 2 with a tree root growing through, they were one tough mother.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Working...
        X