62 Lark Front Clip Weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Lark Front Clip Weight

I want to remove the entire front clip on my 62 lark for the engine swap. Due to limited garage space I need to hang the clip from the ceiling or on a wall, so I'm curious what the weight of the whole clip is. Can anyone who has removed the clip give me an idea of the weight? Thanks.

Without the hood , about 100-120 lbs.....my wife and I easily lifted the clip off our 64 Daytona....core support and radiator in place.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Good. I can handle that. I was concerned about the weight hanging from the ceiling rafters, but with 4 hooks and a couple straps that should be a piece of cake.

Comment

CAUTION: Many garage roofs are not trussed to support weight. Especially "newer" ones. Ask someone that understands building design.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Dougie, I see no reason that trusses or rafters, even ones that are 24" oc should have any trouble handling the weight of a front clip...after all how much did the roofing crew weigh that put the roof on in the first place??? You'll be okay. Junior.
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
            Dougie, I see no reason that trusses or rafters, even ones that are 24" oc should have any trouble handling the weight of a front clip...after all how much did the roofing crew weigh that put the roof on in the first place??? You'll be okay. Junior.

I'm not worried about that. Garage is attached to house and has 2x10 rafters 16" on center. I just have to find them through the drywall. Empty attic above too.

Comment

If you are still concerned about it hanging from only a couple rafters, stick a 4x4 accross several rafters than run a bolt down thru the ceiling to carry the front end sheet metal
              Tom
              sigpic

Comment

Thats a good idea. Then I will know it's secure. I'm gonna have some holes in the ceiling anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X