Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone planning a trip from Seattle Wa to Ca.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone planning a trip from Seattle Wa to Ca.

I am looking on purchasing sheet metal and motor located in Seattle. Please contact me if you are planning on making a trip to ca. I would like to find someone to bring engine and sheet metal to me. I am located in Sacramento area. Email me or call me at 530-320-*6299

What sort of time-line are you looking at? Details are far from firm, but I will be making a trip toward the end of April, or sometime in May. There might be room depending on how much 'sheet metal' is involved. Then again- if you'd spring for a U-Haul trailer~ towing one might be an option this trip.
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Dave that is okay. I plan on purchasing front and rear fenders and 2 -245 stude motors. You may call me at 530-320-6299 or I can call you.

Comment

Portland Swap meet ? I'll be there with a 3/4 ton truck and my medium display. The meet is April 1-3 ish?

I'm taking a pre sold engine there, and a large SNW parts display.

The next trip SOuth is the LA Winter Meet???? Depending on the date. We may just kick a little A;; there too......... It depends on how things look for pre orders. 2 of those 245 engines are much too heavy for me and my gear unless you want me to bring out the big truck. 9MPG with a full 2 ton payload would be a few bucks in fuel. However, gas is not 5 bucks a gallon ....yet. You may save a few bucks if you get the heavy stuff moved soon..
        Last edited by (S); 03-11-2011, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by royvaldez View Post
          Dave that is okay. I plan on purchasing front and rear fenders and 2 -245 stude motors. You may call me at 530-320-6299 or I can call you.
          Uhhhh-- that might be a bit more then I can deal with.
          Look for a PM or phone call within a week.

(I see a U-Haul trailer in your future.)

Originally posted by (S) View Post
          The next trip SOuth is the LA Winter Meet???? Depending on the date.
          The LA Winter Meet is in TWO DAYS....
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Why don't we ever hear about this meet until it sneaks up close? Count me out of it.

Comment

Dave, perhaps Mike was thinking of La Palma instead? The Peterson meet has been held right around the same time for the past 5 years. Easy for me to remember my wedding annivesary, not to mention its the same day as the last Stude rolled off to the press.
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Just to clarify things about the LA meet; yes it has been within a week or two of the same date for quite a while. Also, for the last two years (at least) the flyer and an "event posting" has been in Turning Wheels well in advance of the meet.
                Thanks
                Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
                  Dave, perhaps Mike was thinking of La Palma instead?
                  But he said "LA Winter Meet" in the post I quoted.

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
                  Just to clarify things about the LA meet; yes it has been within a week or two of the same date for quite a while. Also, for the last two years (at least) the flyer and an "event posting" has been in Turning Wheels well in advance of the meet. Thanks
                  Yup- true that. But not everyone here gets TW. Mike is in that boat- for now...
                  When we did the CAN-AM Zone Meet last year we learned that posting about it here can drum up more registrations then you'd ever imagined~ meet attendance records were broken last year. Check it out in March 2011's TW. We are doing it all over again for our 30Somethingish Annual Cool Car Show (a.k.a. Whatcom Mini Meet) in September. This is an all makes show now, hence the name change. Look for information in the IDYSD Forum~ and more to follow after our meeting this afternoon.

It's gonna be BIG!!!!
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment