Squeezed my Studebaker on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeezed my Studebaker on TV

As I was working my morning 2.5 hours today, I saw a TV crew from cannel 31 in Downtown Dixon. They were still there when I got done driving my bus so I went downtown to see what was up. They told me they were just hanging out in Dixon talking with the locals.

I figured if they were just looking for something for TV, what's cooler than a Studebaker.

I went home and drove it back and they got the car in just as they were finishing up their segment. I didn't even get the car fully parked before the show was over. Didn't get to talk with them about Studes, but we at least got some TV exposure out of it.

I'll have to check the channel 31 in Sacramento's web site to see what they said.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

OK, I found it. Good Day Sacramento (channel 31 web site) go to the videos and look for the Car Czar segment from Mar 10th. Maybe someone could post a link. I don't know how to do it.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Just hanging out in Dixon eh? Must be a slow news day, not that there is anything wrong with that :-)

Here's a link to the page, pick the top Car Czar video

Get the latest show info and watch segments from GoodDay Sacramento.

No such thing as bad press right?

Pat
      Last edited by Pat Dilling; 03-10-2011, 11:50 AM.
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
        Just hanging out in Dixon eh? Must be a slow news day, not that there is anything wrong with that :-)
        That's funny.... They must have run out of Charlie Sheen pod casts. Thanks for posting the link.
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

That is NEAT!!!!
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

That is NEAT!!
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Pretty cool, and the announcers loved Studebaker as well.

Mark

Comment

Yes you did and, I must say, expertly so. Well done.

To bad nobody had any idea of what they were really looking at other than it was a Studebaker.

It's a sweet ride and deserved to be seen on TV.

Bob

Comment

Great job. The part I liked the best is that it was the only car that didn't have any problems for him to figure out how to repair!

Comment

Nice car! The announcer knew it was a Studebaker too. To bad they ran out of time. Would have been interesting to hear the comments when you open the hood.

Gordon

Comment

How refreshing to see a BEAUTIFUL car! Too bad those days are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
                        How refreshing to see a BEAUTIFUL car! Too bad those days are gone.
                        But Bob, part of our task as SDC is to preserve those days. (grin) I get to see a Studebaker every day, and my neighbors see one pretty often too.
                        Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA
                        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

WOW great car!! So quiet. Couldnt even hear it running..
                          Love my Lark

Comment

Channel 31 is the poorest excuse for a TV News station... it must be run by Soupy Sales..

and the Car Czar is not a lover of old cars he admits that all the time & all old cars should be off the road

how Channel 31 get an audience rating is way beyond me ...

I am old school and go back to the days of KCRA .. real people like Stan Atkinson-- Harry Geise- Kaity -Tong -Gary Gerould etc
                            where they believed in a quality broadcast .. not silly pranks to fill air time ....
                            John
                            Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

Comment

Nice exposure. Congratulations! BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X