Not signing out on forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not signing out on forum

Other than someone who knows my PC password sneaking into my house and getting to the forum, what's the danger in forrgetting to sign out, as I occasionall do?

KDH

quote:Originally posted by sumf

Other than someone who knows my PC password sneaking into my house and getting to the forum, what's the danger in forrgetting to sign out, as I occasionall do?

KDH
    You'll still be signed in when you get back? I don't sign out at all. Every time get on the site, it remembers me. I haven't had problems as long as I keep my firewall up to date.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sumf

KDH
      You'll still be signed in when you get back? I don't sign out at all. Every time get on the site, it remembers me. I haven't had problems as long as I keep my firewall up to date.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I don't know what the danger would be, I leave mine signed in at all times. Like you said what can someone do to you. Its not as if they could get in your bank account and if they knew that password they would go there instead of SDC forum
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I don't know what the danger would be, I leave mine signed in at all times. Like you said what can someone do to you. Its not as if they could get in your bank account and if they knew that password they would go there instead of SDC forum
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I stay logged on all the time. I find that maybe once a month - or every 6 weeks or so - I've never kept track), I'll go to post and find that I'm not logged on. [?] I just assumed that maybe the server burped or reset or something. No big deal. I just log in again and forget about it![^]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I stay logged on all the time. I find that maybe once a month - or every 6 weeks or so - I've never kept track), I'll go to post and find that I'm not logged on. [?] I just assumed that maybe the server burped or reset or something. No big deal. I just log in again and forget about it![^]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

bout the only danger I see is maybe forgetting your password in time

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO

1950 2R5
                1960 Lark 2dr
                1960 Champ
                1964 Daytona HT
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

bout the only danger I see is maybe forgetting your password in time

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO

1950 2R5
                  1960 Lark 2dr
                  1960 Champ
                  1964 Daytona HT
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I'm always signed on. If I delete cookies I need to sign on again.
                    quote:I find that maybe once a month - or every 6 weeks or so - I've never kept track), I'll go to post and find that I'm not logged on.
                    Bob, maybe your settings automatically delete cookies at set intervals.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I'm always signed on. If I delete cookies I need to sign on again.
                      quote:I find that maybe once a month - or every 6 weeks or so - I've never kept track), I'll go to post and find that I'm not logged on.
                      Bob, maybe your settings automatically delete cookies at set intervals.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I agree...I'm always signed on and unless I delete those wonderful
                        cookies, which I due periodically as part of "standard house cleaning",
                        then I have to log back into everything....good thing I have a standard
                        p/w, except for ebay and the bank.

glen Brose
                        Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

I agree...I'm always signed on and unless I delete those wonderful
                          cookies, which I due periodically as part of "standard house cleaning",
                          then I have to log back into everything....good thing I have a standard
                          p/w, except for ebay and the bank.

glen Brose
                          Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

I stay logged on the SDC site on my home computer. When I do the WindowWasher program (about once per month), I have to sign in again. When I travel and use a computer in a library, I sign in and usually forget to unclick the stay signed in box or delete my sign in. I figure that the most someone could do would be to post as me. Many here know me well enough to probably spot bogus posts atributed to me.

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I stay logged on the SDC site on my home computer. When I do the WindowWasher program (about once per month), I have to sign in again. When I travel and use a computer in a library, I sign in and usually forget to unclick the stay signed in box or delete my sign in. I figure that the most someone could do would be to post as me. Many here know me well enough to probably spot bogus posts atributed to me.

Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X