Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have new factory in the box quarters and a lt. fender for a Silver or Golden Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have new factory in the box quarters and a lt. fender for a Silver or Golden Hawk

Hi,

I have factory in the box left & right quarter panels, a left fender & a grille insert. I think the quarters and fender are for a 58 silver hawk or golden Hawk. The boxes have printed on them "Superior performance guaranteed, precision built products from parts & accessories, division Studebaker - Packard Corporation". The numbers on the quarter panel boxes are 310407 & 310406. The left fender was not in a box, it was wrapped in paper/straw material and the sticker on the inside has a number 303041. The grille is in a box with a WP-1334 number on the side. Does anyone know what year and model Studebaker these parts are for from the numbers above? And what they are worth?
    Thanks for all your help.

Assuming that you are correct about these parts fitting a 58 Hawk they should work on C/K s from 53 to 64. There may be some difference in the 62-64s but I really think even they are the same. I wont comment on value except to say they are somewhat desirable parts. I am interested in the right quarter panel when you do determine a price. Thanks, Steve
    sigpic

Comment

Quarters $500 range.
      Fender $750 to $1k
      Grill $200 range.
      Give or take a little on prices. It depends how you sell them and how much a buyer want the parts.
      sigpic
      '89 Ford Festiva
      '90 Ford F250 4x4
      '18 Kia Soul
      '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
      '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Where are you located. I am intrested.

Comment

I'm in Allentown PA

Comment

Thank you for the info. I just noticed that there is a left fender like I have on EBay. The buy now price is 950.00

Comment

Thanks Steve - I'm in no rush to sell these parts. My family has always had Studebakers. We still have a Silver Hawk and what I think is a 58 Golden Hawk, supercharged Studebaker. This vehicle is intact but has lots of rust in the floor and rockers from sitting outside. Do you think it would be wise to keep these parts and restore this vehicle to its former glory? I also was wondering if you can tell me what the TT emblem with circles around it on the left side of the decklid means? From the little research I did, it sounds like a 58 golden hawk is rare and I was just wondering what the TT stands for. Thanks

Comment

TT is Studebaker's terminology....Twin Traction.......otherwise known as a positrac/limited slip rear.

To be sure that you actually have this differential in the car, jack the rear end up where both wheels are off the ground turn one and both should turn in the same direction.

Or take the drain bolt out stick your finger in the hole......and I think you'll hit the ring gear with your finger within 3/4 of an inch. If your finger goes any further than that.........someone has mearly put the TT badge on the car (they are an available reproduction item)

And by purchasing a production order........while supplying the car's serial number.......to the Studebaker Museum, Your car's build sheet will contain all the options that were ordered for that car............
                Meaning, there is the possibility that the car wasn't ordered with Twin Traction, maybe someone added that feature, and the emblems at a later time.

However you stated supercharged, if I was to bet on your car, I'd say it's a legit TT rear end. Just do a simple test for peace of mind.
                Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 03-10-2011, 07:16 AM.
                61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rex5 View Post
                  We still have a Silver Hawk and what I think is a 58 Golden Hawk, supercharged Studebaker. This vehicle is intact but has lots of rust in the floor and rockers from sitting outside. Do you think it would be wise to keep these parts and restore this vehicle to its former glory? Thanks

Post up pics of your cars. This group will give you lots of opinions. Depending on how far gone the body on your 58 is it may be worth saving. At any rate there are some desirable pieces that you can save and sell even if the bulk is hopeless. Steve
                  sigpic

Comment

There were only 878 1958 Golden Hawks built. If your Hawk can be saved, do it. I would suggest keeping the parts that you have until the Hawk is done. If you do not want to do the Hawk, put it up for sale so that someone else can do it. Like most cars, it is not worth a lot unfinished, but a 1958 Golden Hawk is worth a bit even in no. 3 condition.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                    X