FINALLY started working on my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY started working on my car

Yesterday marked the first real day of restoration on my '40! It only took me a couple years, but last night I started taking all of the old wires off and rewiring it according to the manual. Somebody along the way also put the battery in the trunk and covered the old battery box with a plate of metal. I removed the plate to find a deacent battery box, it just had a bad base. My step dad and I fixed the battery box with a new piece of metal. Now I need to find a battery that fits the box! (The 12v in the trunk is an inch and a half too wide) I don't have any pics now, but will take some when more work is done.

Matt Burnette called this project right... I started with the battery box, so why not add some wires, and new metal for the floors in the back, and I just happened to have a can of black rustoleum to cover some rust......
    Chris Dresbach

Chris

Glad you are making progress, but it didn't happen without pictures.

How can we live vicariously through your efforts if you keep us in the dark.

Bob

Comment

looking forward to pics!!!
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

As I am often told by FEMA..., "If it isn't documented, it didn't happen!"
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Well, here are the pictures:

Chris Dresbach

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. I like to see the real drivers in progress,

Comment

Lookin' good, Chris!

I think you have the white wire where the white wire goes, though.

You ARE going to get a battery hold down bracket, right?

And what is the screen door stretcher for? I'm gonna be REALLY embarassed if that's a factory thing............................

Comment

That "screen door stretcher" was common on old cars after being disassembled, or wrecked or
                so on, back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
                  Lookin' good, Chris!

I think you have the white wire where the white wire goes, though.

You ARE going to get a battery hold down bracket, right?

And what is the screen door stretcher for? I'm gonna be REALLY embarassed if that's a factory thing............................
                  I already have a battery hold down, it's just not on yet because these photos were taken shortly after I put the battery in. I wish the battery had a smooth surface and didn't say "Interstate" on top. That makes it hard to desguise it as a Willard...
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                    That "screen door stretcher" was common on old cars after being disassembled, or wrecked or
                    so on, back in the day.
                    Also known as a turnbuckle!

Now about that spigot handle on your car...That's funny. Well, I guess it would work better than the original design if you need more leverage.
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Way to go Chris! Keep it up.

Comment

good job!!!

i also worked in my battery area last night and today. i'll post some pics on a new thread...
                        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
                        X